New Holland 37 Air Pump for DPF?

/ New Holland 37 Air Pump for DPF? #1  

JasonZX12R

Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 37
Wondering if anyone has insight to this. 2017 tractor only 40 hours on it. Whenever the tractor goes to initiate the DPF cleaning the air pump seizes and melts the belt. First time thought the belt was just bad and broke. Caught it the second time, air pump wheel turns fine until it switches on to clean then wont turn at all causing the belt to tear itself up. Do I need a new pump or is it something further back?

/ New Holland 37 Air Pump for DPF? #2  
sounds to me the pump is locked up / seized somehow inside.

/ New Holland 37 Air Pump for DPF?
would the pully still turn freely if the power to it was off if that was the case? I saw its not supposed to be user serviceable but at ~2k for the pump its tempting to try.

/ New Holland 37 Air Pump for DPF? #4  
would the pully still turn freely if the power to it was off if that was the case? I saw its not supposed to be user serviceable but at ~2k for the pump its tempting to try.
If it’s like an AC compressor, and has a clutch to engage it, sure.

/ New Holland 37 Air Pump for DPF? #5  
The only problem is that the DPF burn may error out if you disconnect that and the pump isn’t doing anything.

/ New Holland 37 Air Pump for DPF?
I pulled it out today and started to take it apart to see if I could figure out if something is binding, since a new one is almost 2k!!!

/ New Holland 37 Air Pump for DPF? #7  
Wow! $2K, what is the purpose of the pump, to inject air into the filter to enhance the burn off?