New GT2544 on the way

/ New GT2544 on the way #1  

Toddz

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT2544
Just had to post here since you guys were a great source for info when I marched out to buy a Real Garden Tractor. I also ordered the triple bagger 190-210, tiller 190-002, hard to get exact info on exact attachments that are available and more specifically what is req'd for what. I ordered an electric sleeve hitch 190-827,thinking I'd need it nad now I know the tiller has it's own sleeve hitch.

Can't wait though to use it due 4/18-4-22?
Todd

/ New GT2544 on the way #2  
congrats!! you will have a great time with a very nice machine!! post pictures and a follow up if you can

Ducati

/ New GT2544 on the way
Thanks;
I'll post pic's when it comes
http://www.cortlandmower.com/cub_cadet.htm
also wanted to post the above link which has a parts link with blueprints and blow-out views of the attachments.
and detail parts ordering.
Todd

/ New GT2544 on the way #4  
If I was going to buy a GT right now... that is exactly what I would get. They are great machines for the price. Let us know how it works out for you.

/ New GT2544 on the way
Well;
Finally got the new Cub Home. Attached the sleeve hitch and box scraper and went to town on the weeds. very impressed with handling and tractors ride and stability. The hydro-static trans is nice in tight areas. Now the fun part was using the 30" hydro-tiller. After getting the return hose connection fixed to the tiller(Lowes guys started it wrong, die fixed the first thread quickly) I re-loaded the 5 gallons of Texaco TDH into it (the first try I had to drain because of hose issue). The attachment of the belly pan pump works well and after you figure everything out it will get quicker to load and un-load.
Any ways after the first pass I figured out you want the tiller rotating back as the tractor moves forward, after I figured that out man! Am I impressed this baby tore the 1/4 acre unimproved area of my yard up. And garden preperation will be easy. I have to say I love the new cub and attachments are what put me in Heaven! I also installed the chute Block for Mulching and mowing is a snap, as others have said if the grass is dry it works great (wonder if I should have purchased the bagger?) My GT2544 rating 4 out of 5 stars.
Yeh had to use some tye-wraps under hood and finish left a little to be desired but when putting the tractor to the test,
it does an excellent job as a garden tractor too(not just a mower) I'll be foloowing with pic's of attachments so you can see.
Todd /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New GT2544 on the way #6  
Good deal Todd! That's the first review I've heard on the hyd. tiller. I finally got to mow with my 2544 a few days ago. I'm very impressed with the 'new' 44" deck. My 1.5 acres was damp to wet & never once was a clump left behind, nor did the deck clog or get noisy (roar from getting clogged). I've only got about 2hrs clocked on it, but fuel consumption seems excellent. From what I see in the tank (no fuel gauge on 2544), I used less than 0.5 gallons for slow mowing 1 acre.
G/luck
Joel

/ New GT2544 on the way #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Good deal Todd! That's the first review I've heard on the hyd. tiller. I finally got to mow with my 2544 a few days ago. I'm very impressed with the 'new' 44" deck. My 1.5 acres was damp to wet & never once was a clump left behind, nor did the deck clog or get noisy (roar from getting clogged). I've only got about 2hrs clocked on it, but fuel consumption seems excellent. From what I see in the tank (no fuel gauge on 2544), I used less than 0.5 gallons for slow mowing 1 acre.
G/luck
Joel )</font>
It must be a lot better on gas than my 2004 3235. I haven't actually measured it but I would estimate I use 2 gallons to mow 1 acre. Mine has the Kohler 25hp Command engine.

Bob B.

/ New GT2544 on the way #8  
Todd, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the tiller on your new tractor?

/ New GT2544 on the way #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It must be a lot better on gas than my 2004 3235. I haven't actually measured it but I would estimate I use 2 gallons to mow 1 acre. Mine has the Kohler 25hp Command engine.

Bob B. )</font>

Hey Bob, your right. I've got under 10hrs on it yet, but I get almost 2 full mowings out of a tank. ~3acres/2.5gal So my command 20hp gets alittle less than 1acre/gallon fuel consumption.
G/luck
Joel

/ New GT2544 on the way
Jim;
Sorry late posting back. Out fish'n
I was able to get the Tiller down to 1700 and the electric hitch at 600 I got them with the tractor and paid the full 2900 for it.
Todd