New grapple for new gc1705?

/ New grapple for new gc1705? #1  

eubie5

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx2380
Does Massey team up with any particular mfg for a new grapple set up? Might be pulling them trigger on a new 1705 in the next couple of months, and when I do, plan on getting a small grapple with it. Just wondering what Massey sells along that line.
Thanks in advance.

/ New grapple for new gc1705? #2  
Check with MyTractorTools.Com for several different grapple choices designed specifically for subcompact tractors.

/ New grapple for new gc1705? #3  
I've heard Massey, like Kubota, Mahindra and some other mfgs, may start offering their subcompacts with the universal skid steer quick attach mount. It would be a nice move.
If so, our 200 pound, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple is perfect for them!!
Travis

*Mahindra Max 26*

MahindraMax263es.jpg

MahindraMax26ee.jpg

*Kubota BX23S*

KubotaBX23Smort.jpg

KubotaBX23s8.jpg

KubotaBX23S4E.jpg

/ New grapple for new gc1705? #4  
Here is a simple option from The Thumb - Add-on Grapple Attachments. It has been useful and I leave it on most all the time, just raise it when I just need the bucket.

D05DD6C6-81B6-43EB-B2AB-923EE80A41EA.jpeg

Kind of an apples to oranges comparison to a dedicated grapple but I have been happy with mine.

/ New grapple for new gc1705? #5  
Massey has a relationship with Woods equipment, but I am not sure they offer a grapple yet, they are definitely playing catch-up. I would definitely look at the everything attachments or land pride grapples. Depending on what your planned tasks are, you might consider just adding a thumb to your bucket also.

/ New grapple for new gc1705? #6  
I use the bucket thumb for moving logs, boulders and large piles of slash/brush. I think it will do almost everything a dedicated grapple will do, maybe just not quite as efficiently.

Edit: The downside, and it may not be a downside at all for everyone, is that you have to do a little DIY hydraulic engineering to install it. Not really engineering, just figuring out hose routing and electrical circuit for the valve.

/ New grapple for new gc1705? #7  
I use the bucket thumb for moving logs, boulders and large piles of slash/brush. I think it will do almost everything a dedicated grapple will do, maybe just not quite as efficiently.

Edit: The downside, and it may not be a downside at all for everyone, is that you have to do a little DIY hydraulic engineering to install it. Not really engineering, just figuring out hose routing and electrical circuit for the valve.

I find mine to be pretty darn useful as well. Whether using a thumb or a true grapple, you'll need a 3rd function valve.

Attachments

• IMG_9647.JPG
    IMG_9647.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,569
   / New grapple for new gc1705? #8  
OnOne advantage of a mini grapple like mytractortools sells is that itsdistance from the pins on the loader is very close allowing greater payload. In addition, a true mini grapple is only about 78 lbs where as a bucket is 155 and then add in a thumb. . . . So again yet another payload advantage. Lastly, a mini grapple is small. In size but not small in strength. . . So a mini grapple can "reach in" to tighter areas than standard grapples or bucket with thumb can access. Think of it like a narrow broom instead of a floor broom for access.