New GC1705

/ New GC1705 #1  

seeder

Tractor
Ford 861, Massey Ferguson GC1705
I took delivery of a GC1705 a couple weeks ago. I'm really impressed by it, and it has me doubting how I got by with a little craftsman garden tractor for so long.

Been mostly using it to transport wood, scrape my driveway,and collect maple sap so far. I bought it with a rear blade, tiller and pallet forks. I can't wait to try it out in my garden and my driveway needs some attention in the spring.

Here's some pics

IMG-0694.JPG
IMG-0695.JPG
IMG-0696.JPG

/ New GC1705 #2  
Nice tractor, I love mine, it doesn't say no that's for sure, good luck with it..

/ New GC1705 #3  
Congrats. Nice tractor
You will be happy you got it with quick attach so it is useful.

/ New GC1705 #4  
nice tractor. I have the same one just a bit older. You will want to check the bolts that hold the loader to the frame after awhile. Sometimes they come loose. I had to tighten a couple and I haven't noticed them working loose for sometime. Enjoy

/ New GC1705 #5  
nice tractor. I have the same one just a bit older. You will want to check the bolts that hold the loader to the frame after awhile. Sometimes they come loose. I had to tighten a couple and I haven't noticed them working loose for sometime. Enjoy

Good advice, mine came loose so I replaced all the flat washers with lock washers, never happened again.

/ New GC1705 #6  
Congrats on the new tractor. You're going to find a lot of things to do with it! And then some more!

/ New GC1705 #7  
I looked at that one and the 1710.

If you got the Taylor Pittsburgh 48" tiller, make sure you check the gearbox oil level as the printed instructions indicate. Mine was quite a bit low. They only put enough in to keep things minimally lubed, not enough for operation.

/ New GC1705 #8  
I took delivery of a GC1705 a couple weeks ago. I'm really impressed by it, and it has me doubting how I got by with a little craftsman garden tractor for so long.

Been mostly using it to transport wood, scrape my driveway,and collect maple sap so far. I bought it with a rear blade, tiller and pallet forks. I can't wait to try it out in my garden and my driveway needs some attention in the spring.

Welcome to TBN and congrats on your new tractor. I like that mounted ammo can on the roll bar.

KC

/ New GC1705

I'll keep that in mind thanks. I'm at 10hrs now, checked the wheel torque and greased the loader. I also, got under and greased the two fittings for the pedals. Are there any more grease fittings I should be aware of? There were only those 2 on the tractor in the manual.

I looked at that one and the 1710.
If you got the Taylor Pittsburgh 48" tiller, make sure you check the gearbox oil level as the printed instructions indicate. Mine was quite a bit low. They only put enough in to keep things minimally lubed, not enough for operation.

That's the tiller! I plan to go through it before I use it, but that's still a few weeks off.

Welcome to TBN and congrats on your new tractor. I like that mounted ammo can on the roll bar.
KC

A $5 HF ammo can, a couple of Square U bolts, and a piece of old inner tube around the ROPS. It works great. holds wrenches, lynch pins, and stuff.

/ New GC1705 #10  
There is three grease fittings underneath. One on each side and then in the middle.