Mowing New 60" mower

/ New 60" mower #11  
Re: New 60

I use AMSOIL Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease, NLGI #2, GC/LB. I grease the mower every three hours (i.e. before each use) and it takes about 12 pumps in each spindle! That’s a lot of grease. At first, because I don’t use “high speed” grease, I was concerned the bearings may be getting hot and the grease was leaking out. However, after mowing, I raised the deck and the bearings were completely cool. I have no idea where the grease is going.

/ New 60" mower #12  
Re: New 60\" mower grease zerk photo

Here's a picture of the greas zerk on one of the spindles of the 60" mower.

Attachments

• 54-185344-60inmowergz.jpg
    54-185344-60inmowergz.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 105
   / New 60" mower

Thanks, I was going to grease tomorrow, so this picture will come in handy

/ New 60" mower #14  

don't forget if you want to have less hassle to use a high grade, high temperature grease for the spindles.

good luck

/ New 60" mower #15  

Hans,
Would this type of grease work for all zerk fittings even if not needing high temp grease?
PJ

/ New 60" mower #16  
Re: New 60

you know, this is not scientificly proven by me, but i have two grease guns now, one for all my high rpm turning devises and a more goopy type of standard grease from mobil or texaco oil corp for all other greasing points .... no legal suits, please.

just to tell you this arguement has been going around in my head and my maintenace yard for some ten years. the result is much less replacements of ball baerings and spindles, since i decided for everyone here to switch to this sythetic type of grease for mower spindles and other high rpm ball bearing greasing points.

in winter time i go back and forth every snowstorm or every 8 hours of use between the two consitencies. reason for it is that i don't think the synthetic grease lubricates as well in the cold weather. this is just my opinion.