Ballast Naked Tractoring

/ Naked Tractoring #21  
".... Front loader can come in hand if mowing wet areas when you might need to push yourself out,also throwing rocks branches etc. in bucket."- Thomas. Thanks to my NE glacial till soil, slope, and vegetation mowed keeping the FEL attached works + I am lazy.

Greg- I really like your rig. My slope is not quite as steep, but it is steep enough for the occasional "pucker moment."

/ Naked Tractoring #22  
I always remove my loader for finish mowing or brush mowing the field (the heavy brush has already been cleared)

+1 Same Here. I also Bush Hog a STEEP Bank that’s 700ft in length beside my chicken houses.
It’s about 25ft tall : I mow down & back up it with a MX10 3pt Hitch Lift Type Cutter.
All 4 tires Fluid Filled with 350lb weights in each rear wheel :thumbsup:

/ Naked Tractoring #23  
I like to take the loader off when I do a lot of brush-hogging. It doesn稚 bounce as much and just kind of looks cool!View attachment 599137

Paint that protruding, leaping deer and boarder yellow and have a super cool look.
Kinda like this one.

P4200001 [].JPG

/ Naked Tractoring #26  
My JD 950 is primarily used for mowing and spraying, so I mostly leave the FEL off for less clatter and more maneuverability.

I think my tractor is still in pretty good shape Rob, but I wouldn稚 want to park it next to yours.
Really nice looking tractor, well done.

/ Naked Tractoring #27  
Mine is always on. 90 acres of land to tend to. When bush hogging and there’s a tree fell over, I just move it with the FEL. 75% of our land is still wooded though.

/ Naked Tractoring
They took a right turn at Crumstown ;)

I was told years ago that the glaciers stopped south of Indy, north of Bloomington. You can definitely tell the difference in terrain in that area.

/ Naked Tractoring
My JD 950 is primarily used for mowing and spraying, so I mostly leave the FEL off for less clatter and more maneuverability.

I think my tractor is still in pretty good shape Rob, but I wouldn稚 want to park it next to yours.
Really nice looking tractor, well done.

Thanks. It's not terribly clean but it does spend it's free time in the garage!