My RK 37 detent is difficult to 'disengage'

/ My RK 37 detent is difficult to 'disengage' #1  

DavenFla

Tractor
RK 37 HST
It goes into detent (float) just fine, but taking it is is a bear. The hydraulics are cable activated. So much so it moved the control mounting locking bolt. One bolt puts the control handle in a pivot mounts and the other allows for an angle adjustment via elongated hole. My old tractor (JD) was WAY easier. Any suggestions on making it easier?

/ My RK 37 detent is difficult to 'disengage' #2  
Mine is the same way..........

/ My RK 37 detent is difficult to 'disengage' #3  
DavenFla, When that happened to my TYM273 it was in the end cap of the hyd control valve (loader valve) itself that had gotten plugged. There are several tiny balls and a spring inside that were corroded somewhat. I took off the cap, cleaned very good and packed it with lithium grease when putting back together. The end cap for the lift/lower function.
That fixed my float problems. Just be careful when taking apart to not lose any of the tiny balls inside.

/ My RK 37 detent is difficult to 'disengage'
Search in the hydraulic section and you'll find several owners with similar problems and results.
Thanks...

I checked hydraulics, nothing RK 37 specific so I contacted the RK tractor guy. I'll post my findings.

Last edited:
   / My RK 37 detent is difficult to 'disengage'
Sorry late with a follow up. After further review looks like the joy stick was the problem. I contacted RK tractor guy and right off he tells me (email) there are no repair parts so I need to buy the joy stick control. Well it's almost $200, so I get it apart and find the bolt holding the stationary pivot ball is the problem. Remove the bolt/fastner and found the threads were pulled and allowed unwanted/additional movement in the stationary ball (pivot). Chased the threads, new bolt... all good.

/ My RK 37 detent is difficult to 'disengage' #7  
so I get it apart and find the bolt holding the stationary pivot ball is the problem. Remove the bolt/fastner and found the threads were pulled and allowed unwanted/additional movement in the stationary ball (pivot). Chased the threads, new bolt... all good.

Having the same problem. Never had that apart before. Pretty straight forward or anything to look out for? New bolt of same length?

Thanks.