Much To Be Thankful For!

/ Much To Be Thankful For! #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
My son got me into deer hunting when he was about 11 years old. He lives out of state now and only gets to hunt a few times a year. He and his family came in for a Thanksgiving visit. I have a some winter grass strips alongside my 1/4 mile driveway thru the woods. Several deer have been mowing it down, including this guy back in early November

My son gets up early Thanksgiving morning (24 degrees, around here that is COLD) and sits in a ladder stand I have near the plot. By 6am he has three bucks meandering around him. He got the big one. Happy Happy Happy

So much to be thankful for.

/ Much To Be Thankful For! #2  
That's great to hear; love the smiles on those two. :thumbsup:

/ Much To Be Thankful For! #3  
What a hunt. Thats a NICE buck. I went out this morning, 26 degrees. Watched 6-8 does hauling *** across the field. Never got a shot. Glad you son got a nice one. Is he going to have it mounted?

/ Much To Be Thankful For! #4  
Very nice! Thanks for the story and the pics.

/ Much To Be Thankful For!
What a hunt. Thats a NICE buck. I went out this morning, 26 degrees. Watched 6-8 does hauling *** across the field. Never got a shot. Glad you son got a nice one. Is he going to have it mounted?

I think he will do a rack mount. We have a nine he killed and an eight that I got several years ago that are rack mounted. This one is twice as wide as either of those.

/ Much To Be Thankful For! #6  
Wide!!!!

/ Much To Be Thankful For!
Great picture.

Yes, the picture is fantastic. Taken by my daughter-in-law. Every year she uses Shutterfly to make calendars for everyone. I told her this picture has to be included in the 2015 calendar.

/ Much To Be Thankful For! #9  
Great picture and very nice deer. It's always good when family can get together.