Mower never shuts off while d

/ Mower never shuts off while d #1  

hazzardrex

Tractor
john deere gt262
I have a John Deere GT262. The mower runs constantly. Does anyone know how to fix it.

/ Mower never shuts off while d #2  
Start by disconnecting the electric connector on the electric pto clutch. If the mower stops turning then need to investigate the short that is sending power to the clutch. If the deck still runs with the connector unplugged then there is a seized bearing in the clutch and the clutch will need to be replaced.

/ Mower never shuts off while d
Start by disconnecting the electric connector on the electric pto clutch. If the mower stops turning then need to investigate the short that is sending power to the clutch. If the deck still runs with the connector unplugged then there is a seized bearing in the clutch and the clutch will need to be replaced.
Thank you. I will give it a try. Have a great Christmas.

I do not have a schematic for this. Can you tell me where to disconnect the electric pto?

/ Mower never shuts off while d #7  
The pulley under the tractor’s engine, that the belt from the mower deck connects to, is part of the PTO clutch.
This clutch assembly is bolted to the crank shaft that comes out of the bottom of the engine. This assembly is mounted bellow another pulley that has a belt that connects the engine to the rear hydrostatic transmission.
You should see that this clutch assembly has a wire harness and electrical connector on it that connects to tractors wiring.

Unhook the clutch wiring at this connector. With clutch unhooked, the clutch should not turn the mower belt when engine is turning.

If belt to mower still turns with no electrical signal, something is wrong with the clutch.
If there’s 12 volts to the wire plug when the PTO switch is turned off, something is wrong with the tractor’s wiring, or PTO switch.

Thank you. I really appreciate the info. I will give it a try.