Insurance More ??? about Inland Marine Insurance

/ More ??? about Inland Marine Insurance #1  

jjcc246

Gold Member
Tractor
2004 TC30
I called my insurance company about inland marine insurance. I was quoted $15 per thousand value. This does not cover Liabilities nor when the tractor is trailered. Liability would fall on my homeowners and trailering would be covered by the towing vehicle. Gotta say it doesn't sound like a deal to me. Is there a speciality insurance company somewhere that does just Inland Marine with a full coverage policy for a decent rate. A type of company that does specility like an antique car insurer that will insure from any state. If you have someone, send a P/M if you don't want to advertise the name here. Thanks.

/ More ??? about Inland Marine Insurance #2  
check your PM

/ More ??? about Inland Marine Insurance #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( trailering would be covered by the towing vehicle.)</font>
Are you sure? Granted you are in a different state, which has no-fault. However, in Maine I have to pay extra to insure my trailer, and the tractor still isn't covered unless I have a separate policy. Insurance has changed a lot since
9-11-2001; which is one big reason I no longer work for myself.

/ More ??? about Inland Marine Insurance
The trailer and liability of the occurance (accident) are covered but NOT the tractor are covered by the towing vehicle. That's only in the occurance of a vehicle accident while towing. The tractor is never covered unless insured seperatly. I don't want to insure it for a business but if I help a friend out and trailer the tractor to their home, i just want to make sure it's covered for trailering and when I drive it through their garage door (not that going through a garage door is a common occurance but s..t happens)