Montana 5740 clutch adjustment

/ Montana 5740 clutch adjustment #1  

Troylequerica

Tractor
Montana
Howdy. basically new to TBN. Have a problem with my Montana 5740 clutch needing adjusted it Slips in 3rd and 4th gear pretty bad. Hoping to see if anyone on here knows how to adjust it. Thanks

/ Montana 5740 clutch adjustment #2  
Find your clutch linkage. Adjust until you have about an inch of free play from the point at which your pedal normally rests until you can feel it starting to do something. If that doesn't solve your problem you may be approaching clutch replacement time.

/ Montana 5740 clutch adjustment
Find your clutch linkage. Adjust until you have about an inch of free play from the point at which your pedal normally rests until you can feel it starting to do something. If that doesn't solve your problem you may be approaching clutch replacement time.
Thanks Roadworthy. No much of a mechanic. If I sent some pics or a short video of the linkage do you think you could explain more?

/ Montana 5740 clutch adjustment #4  
It's time to get to know your tractor. Have another person sit in the driver seat and depress the clutch. You get under the tractor to see what moves. Somewhere there is a threaded rod with an adjustment nut and probably a jam nut. It occurred to me that sometimes the clutch is hydraulically actuated. In this case you may be low on fluid or need air bled from the lines like brakes. You may even need a new or rebuilt slave or master cylinder. It would be best if you could score a shop manual for your tractor.

/ Montana 5740 clutch adjustment
It's time to get to know your tractor. Have another person sit in the driver seat and depress the clutch. You get under the tractor to see what moves. Somewhere there is a threaded rod with an adjustment nut and probably a jam nut. It occurred to me that sometimes the clutch is hydraulically actuated. In this case you may be low on fluid or need air bled from the lines like brakes. You may even need a new or rebuilt slave or master cylinder. It would be best if you could score a shop manual for your tractor.
Roadworthy, you are correct. Did some work getting to know the working parts and called a mechanic in Montana who works on them and he explained the process to me. Simple easy fix that made the clutch not slip at all. Thanks for the info.