Mitsubishi MD1500FD Questions

/ Mitsubishi MD1500FD Questions #1  

jefflaur

Tractor
Mahindra 3505 DI
Hi all..Maybe I goofed, but I needed a tractor..and my 1951 Ford 8n had a crack in the hydraulic case..two flat tires, and clogged fuel line...soooo I traded it for a "reconditioned" Mitsubishi MD1500FD tractor that runs with a NEW bush hog and a NEW blade..However being a bonehead I found this stie AFTER I took delivery..I was told be the locals here that I made a HUGE mistake and I should be ashamed..but ..the Mitsubishi was sllightly more reliable than the similer Yanmar unit, and that the YM had a particular problem with the FWD that made it very hard to find parts for.That said..a few quick questions about Mitsubishi diesel tractor that I now own..and really not so unhappy about it.1..Are you supposed to "see" the gears if you open the fill plug in the hydraulic case? Or is it supposed to be FILLED with oil?2. Does the PTO rotate in the conventional US manner so that implements will function properly?3. Is there a lever that puts the tractor into 4WD..or is it always in 4WD..any ideas which it might be? The "dealer" says he'll send a manual, but methinks it may be awhile..4. Are there any additives I should consider adding to the fuel to purge any possible water contamination or "goo" in the tank?5. Being that this is a 2 cyl engine..what should I watch out for in the way of wierd noises..(never mnd that one..it already sounds weird compared to the old 4cyl Ford)Guys..(and ladies) I feel kinda dumb..We rescue horses and I wanted a decent tractor to clean stalls with, and keep the pasture neat..I didn't need or want a HUGE farm unit..and I thought Mitsubishi was a good name..Help me out neighbors!The horses and I (and my poor wife) thank You! Happy Holidays!Jeff GillFranklin, NC

/ Mitsubishi MD1500FD Questions #2  
I responded to your post on the Mitsubishi group.