Seeders Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill #11  
I haven稚 had any luck finding parts yet. I did take apart the drive mechanisms on both sides to clean and regrease everything. It looks like the old guy had greased it at every use. Everything was in good shape once I got all the dried up grease cleaned up.
Any chance you could scan the owner痴 manual and send it to me?

I tell ya what, I'd rather copy it and send it snail mail. My scanner takes forever and it's like 40 pages. If your good with that just give me an address and I'll send it.

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill
PM sent. Thank you!

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill #13  
I tell ya what, I'd rather copy it and send it snail mail. My scanner takes forever and it's like 40 pages. If your good with that just give me an address and I'll send it.

I just joined and trying to find some info on the P3-7 drill i bought. Going through it I need some parts and of course it didn't come with manual. Does the operators manual have a break down of part numbers? Then second question is there a good place to go for parts or it is a case of scowering internet?

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill #14  
No part numbers. It's got some pictures of different parts with brief descriptions of how to assemble or maintain. Pretty basic ... but it does have a section on how to hook it up to horses! And no I haven't had much luck finding parts, internet is probably the best unless your looking for something like bearings and then maybe a farm equipment dealership or auto store could help

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill #15  
ok thanks for the info. Could I bother you in getting a copy of the maintenance and part descriptions from the manual? I think I figured out where most of the lube points are but how often not sure, and I know what I call something may not be the same as what a manufacture would call it. Oh one last question, seeding rates. Are the notches on the levers for lbs per acre? I only have partial stickers on both seed boxes for seeding rates but not sure how that correlates to the lever notches and numbers.

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill #16  
ok thanks for the info. Could I bother you in getting a copy of the maintenance and part descriptions from the manual? I think I figured out where most of the lube points are but how often not sure, and I know what I call something may not be the same as what a manufacture would call it. Oh one last question, seeding rates. Are the notches on the levers for lbs per acre? I only have partial stickers on both seed boxes for seeding rates but not sure how that correlates to the lever notches and numbers.

Yes I can make copies of the relevant pages and send them to you, theres also some charts for the seeding adjustments in the book that i'll copy and send to you also. Where should I send them?

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill #17  
Notches aren't for pounds per acre, using the charts and the type of crop your seeding, they will give you a notch number to use to get the desired pounds per acre. The charts correlate to your disc spacing as well, I'll just copy them all (the 6", 7" and 8" disc spacing)

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill #18  
Well don't know how much I can be, but I'll try. When you get into old stuff, sometimes other brands interchange. Examples of this are years ago Ford, dodge and Chevy use to all have the same 8 bolt wheel pattern. My allis Chalmers tractor has John Deere combine wheels on it. A ( I will enclose pics) don't know about old drills. I know a couple no name under the radar ag salvage and repair places that will treat you right. If they cant help maybe they can point you in the right direction. I 'll see if I can't get thsir number for you, but they should be on the internet.
The first is Stauffer ag salvage and in Mayetta, ks. He has been doing this for years, use to have lots of old stuff and will treat you good.
The second is Elmer's repair in Centralia Kansas. He should be online. He used to specialize in case tractors and stuff but has expanded a lot over the years. He has a lot of stuff in his salvage yard.
Another ag salvage yard that may be able to help is all states ag salvage. They are a big player in the ag salvage business, and I know they're on the internet. Hope these leads help somehow.

Thanks for that great info almost four years ago. This thread keeps getting put on the AED, eh? I was grateful to find it.

Somebody asked earlier why anybody would bolt that up adjustment lever, I think. We just picked one up yesterday and it was cantankerous to get it to stay in the up (transport) position. Farmers being busy, one might have just put a bolt in it as a workaround until next planting season.

I too need some parts, so will try those leads above. I already tried calling one but it's after 5 in Kansas. The answering machine has the same name, Elmer's, so there is hope for me.

/ Minneapolis Moline P3-7 grain drill #19  
I called Elmer's and he doesn't have much of anything anymore. He recommended a guy named Clint Stamm at 785-325-2720 but he only works on MM tractors, not implements.

Back to Square one. Clint did mention a dedicated MM forum out there somewhere. And I got this tip from Gab

"PSATMA, P.O. Box 255, Lynden, WA 98264
or
Vintagefarmingdays@gmail.com

Puget Sound Antique Tractor and Machinery Assn.

I was through there a few summers ago and they a four day gathering of tractors and related equipment spanning all eras. Mpls Molines all over the place!"