MIKE ON BRANSON TRACTORS GONE

/ MIKE ON BRANSON TRACTORS GONE #11  
What does the higher capacity hydraulic pump do for it?
Reduces cycle time. Not super important on SCUT's but, if you are in a hay field, cutting your cycle time on the loader makes a huge difference.

There is a reason 100~150Hp tractors advertise pump capacity prominently!

/ MIKE ON BRANSON TRACTORS GONE #12  
Reduces cycle time. Not super important on SCUT's but, if you are in a hay field, cutting your cycle time on the loader makes a huge difference.

There is a reason 100~150Hp tractors advertise pump capacity prominently!
I agree with that. But I was curious what pump capacity did for the small tractors we were talking about.
I don't see them having a use for a high capacity pump & wondered why it would be an advantage.

/ MIKE ON BRANSON TRACTORS GONE #13  
Heard pretty much the same story from KTM dealer at Eau Claire farm show last week.

I always liked Branson tractors but until recently there never was a dealer near me or I might have bought one.

The show was the first time I ever actually saw a TYM tractor and I was impressed just like I was with Branson. According to the specs a 55 horse TYM front end loader has about double the lifting power of my 55 horsepower LS , my LS front loader is rated to lift 1,800 pounds which is more than I’ve ever needed. But TYM must come from the factory with a much higher capacity hydraulic pump and that definitely impressed me.
High GPM on the loader isn't necessarily a good thing. My 2009 Branson 6530 is relatively slow on the lift, even at PTO RPMs. That's not desired some times but the flip side is that there is precise positioning and control. My 2021 LS MT 225s has a high rate hyd pump and the FEL moves way too fast to suit me at PTO RPM. If I am doing any close in work, I slow down to idle or thereabouts RPM. Steering pumps on both are just fine and well suited for the size of the front tires....Branson has large tires requiring wide spacing and longer travel path.

/ MIKE ON BRANSON TRACTORS GONE #14  
High GPM on the loader isn't necessarily a good thing. My 2009 Branson 6530 is relatively slow on the lift, even at PTO RPMs. That's not desired some times but the flip side is that there is precise positioning and control. My 2021 LS MT 225s has a high rate hyd pump and the FEL moves way too fast to suit me at PTO RPM. If I am doing any close in work, I slow down to idle or thereabouts RPM. Steering pumps on both are just fine and well suited for the size of the front tires....Branson has large tires requiring wide spacing and longer travel path.

Can't you adjust the hydraulic flow on your tractor or, is it bang-bang only functioning? The Massey I'm looking at is configurable so, I don't have to run ~30GPM to the loader if I don't want to.

My Kubota L-series is adjustable as well.

On my L4600, I can control the speed, and stroke the lift and bucket tilt at the same time too or, slam it wide open for better cycle time.

/ MIKE ON BRANSON TRACTORS GONE #15  
I agree with that. But I was curious what pump capacity did for the small tractors we were talking about.
I don't see them having a use for a high capacity pump & wondered why it would be an advantage.
There are some implements that have higher minimum flow...some FEL PHDs or tree shears.

/ MIKE ON BRANSON TRACTORS GONE #17  
Can't you adjust the hydraulic flow on your tractor or, is it bang-bang only functioning? The Massey I'm looking at is configurable so, I don't have to run ~30GPM to the loader if I don't want to.

My Kubota L-series is adjustable as well.

On my L4600, I can control the speed, and stroke the lift and bucket tilt at the same time too or, slam it wide open for better cycle time.
Well I can do that too but cracking the gate lets too much out. I have adjustable flow valves on my MOCO to compensate for different loads on the pair of springs. I am amazed at hot little hyd pressure/flow it takes to move the carriage from limit to limit. There is always the disc flow restrictor to reduce flow but its easier to just drop RPMs and if you need it both ways, just drop the throttle and use the foot control. No biggie.

/ MIKE ON BRANSON TRACTORS GONE #18  
Well I can do that too but cracking the gate lets too much out. I have adjustable flow valves on my MOCO to compensate for different loads on the pair of springs. I am amazed at hot little hyd pressure/flow it takes to move the carriage from limit to limit. There is always the disc flow restrictor to reduce flow but its easier to just drop RPMs and if you need it both ways, just drop the throttle and use the foot control. No biggie.
Foot throttles and a Hydrostat or clutchless F/R reverser certainly make loader ops work faster for most people.