Microwave warning

/ Microwave warning #2  
That's 1,800,000 microwaves, unbelievable!

/ Microwave warning #3  
Frantz,

Mine begins with FG...guess I am OK then. I also think you missed a 0 on that number 1.8 Million are being recalled.

/ Microwave warning #4  
Yes, mine is one of them. I called and registered over a month ago. Got a nice letter telling me to unplug it with no explanation as to what is wrong. The local dealer however, was a little more helpful. They indicated that there were approx 7 fires in the US (none in Canada where I reside) that were the result of grease buildup in the exhaust fan area. Apparently the wires/motor is not properly sealed and some grease can get in there. 7 out of 1.8 Million???? This recall is costing them a bundle. Of couse since I still haven't heard from Whirlpool on what they are going to do about it, I guess I can't really call this a "recall".

Kevin

/ Microwave warning #5  
Thanks Franz, My KitchenAid Micro/Hood is one of them.
I knew I should have bought the convection model. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I just registered online, so I don't know when to expect action.
However, they did say within a week I should have a $100.00 voucher towards a new microwave to use while mine is "unplugged."

We'll see.

/ Microwave warning #6  
I had one of the defective ones also. Got registered in late Oct., just before Thanksgiving I received a repair kit in the mail. The instructions with the repair kit said for me to call the service center listed and schedule an appointment. After trying for a couple of days, I called Whirlpool back to ask what to do now. They said I would get a return call, but still no call or letter (Jan 9, 02). I found out from a friend that I could go to Sears with the model and serial number and get a replacement, which I did. Sears delivered it on a Sat. morning and took the old one back. I had to do the remove and reinstall, but it is done and back in business. Wish Whirlpool would have told me this and not kept me waiting so long. Guess good customer service is getting to be a thing of the past too.

/ Microwave warning #7  
**Repair Update**

For what it's worth, I did the online registration about a week ago. A couple days later, I recieved a form in the mail. The form was to fill out, and be reimbursed for $100. towards the purchase of a new microwave to use while mine is being repaired.
Before I could even buy a new one, and send the form in, mine was already repaired.

That's what I call service.

I will send in the form toworrow, and we'll see how well they do with reimbursing me for the other microwave.