MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak

/ MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak #11  
The hose appears to have this "NBR+PVC" on the side wall. Picture taken from a fuel hose that came installed on a 2004 MF GC2300.

/ MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak #12  
I have replaced that small section, was leaking on the backside. Be aware there is a restrictor in that section of hose that has to be removed and inserted into new piece.

Attachments

• fuel line.jpg
    fuel line.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 64
   / MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak #13  
Yes there were part changes during the GC2300 fuel line assembly. Mostly going from wire clamps to hose clips for the fuel lines. Hose material may have changed, nothing drastic, probably just changing supplier or lowering costs. Fuel line is a bulk item, cut to desired length.

/ MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak #14  
I have replaced that small section, was leaking on the backside. Be aware there is a restrictor in that section of hose that has to be removed and inserted into new piece.
Hi DMW,

Thank you so much for the diagram and reminder about the restrictor.

For the horizontal small section of braided hose (length of 70 MM or ~3 inches), can I replace with non-braided hose materials same as the vertical section with ID of 7MM (~1/4 inch ID)?

Mochi

/ MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak #15  
Don't see why not, Mochi. And no, I did not change that section of fuel line, only the long one that goes down under the floor to the small electric fuel pump.

/ MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak #16  
Don't see why not, Mochi. And no, I did not change that section of fuel line, only the long one that goes down under the floor to the small electric fuel pump.
Thanks!
What is "Push Lock" style fuel hose? Is it OK to use this "1/4inch ID SAE30R07 fuel hose push lock style" on the GC2300? I plan to install the hose on the metal Tee fitting and tighten with hose clamps.

Here is link to the push lock style fuel hose.

/ MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak #17  
Hi Everyone,

This fuel hose connected to the tee leaks and tightening the factory clamp did not stop it. Then I discovered that the hose is collapse (see picture). What is the cause of the hose collapse?

Thanks!
Mochi

Attachments

• GC2300 Collapsed Fuel Hose.jpg
    GC2300 Collapsed Fuel Hose.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 45
  • GC2300 Collapsed Fuel Hose pic 2.jpg
    GC2300 Collapsed Fuel Hose pic 2.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 42
   / MFGC 2300 Diesel Fuel Line Leak #18  
Hi Everyone,

This fuel hose connected to the tee leaks and tightening the factory clamp did not stop it. Then I discovered that the hose is collapse (see picture). What is the cause of the hose collapse?

Thanks!
Mochi
Try loosening the hose clamp and rotate the fuel line on the fitting to see if the collapse was caused by a twist in the line.