MF2850 hydro issue?

/ MF2850 hydro issue? #1  

Southernspeed

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Furgeson 2850M
I have 30 hours on my 2023 2850M now and today it started acting a bit weird. When I press the forward pedal gently, instead of the revs rising and then smoothly moving forward, it now ‘nudges’ forward quite firmly and then the auto throttle works as normal. It happens every time, at any preset RPM. Reverse is still operating normally although it ‘seems’ to need more revs to move but I’m not sure on that.
It’s doing it cold and warm, not tried hot yet but it’s been fine up until today.
It’s not a major lurch forward but enough to be bad news when you’re moving pallets of heavy equipment around !
Any ideas? I’ll be talking to the dealer on Friday but until then , anyone had this issue?

/ MF2850 hydro issue?
The dealer came by the farm and plugged his computer in. He hadn't seen this problem before and the computer didn't shed any light on it.
It's far worse when the oil is cold but still noticeable when hot. These machines are all 'fly-by-wire' so I'm assuming a dicky sensor, sender etc but who knows!
Any ideas? I'm hoping the dealer will come up with something soon as it's very irritating and potentially dangerous.

/ MF2850 hydro issue? #3  
Does that model have the dial for how aggressive the response is? My 1835M does and it it quick on response when cranked all of the way up. Maybe the dial went bad and is stuck on full speed?

/ MF2850 hydro issue?
Does that model have the dial for how aggressive the response is? My 1835M does and it it quick on response when cranked all of the way up. Maybe the dial went bad and is stuck on full speed?
It does but that is functioning normally. The lurch happens before the auto throttle even starts applying rpm. Plus reverse works normally. Thanks for the input though.