MF 9240 - Powershift Gearbox Problem

/ MF 9240 - Powershift Gearbox Problem #1  

TEMF9240

Tractor
MF9240
Hello all,

I am the owner of a Massey Ferguson 9240 tractor and have been experiencing a persistent issue with the power shift gearbox. When switching from forward to reverse or reverse to forward, the tractor remains in neutral most of the time. However, when in drive, the tractor shifts gears up and down without issue. Restarting the engine sometimes helps, but 9 times out of 10 tries on direction change, it remains in neutral. I also have noticed a strange symptom where starting to release the clutch pedal. The rev counter is bouncing up and down in rapid succession, even though the engine is idling.

I have already taken some steps to troubleshoot the issue. The solenoids, wiring harness, gear select, clutch switches has been checked and the shift controller has been diagnosed based on the repair manual, with measured values confirmed to be correct. I even tried swapping the controller, but the issue remains.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with their Massey Ferguson 9240 tractor or have any advice on what the problem may be? I would appreciate any help or guidance.

Thank you!