Price Check MF 1455v Price?

/ MF 1455v Price? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Looking at a MF1455v with FEL, dual remotes, and steel canopy. Dealer says $24K. Does that sound reasonable? Also, any advise on the tractor/FEL itself? Owners out there? Thanks for your time and help.

/ MF 1455v Price? #2  
I haven't priced the 1455 in Denver but the local dealer offers an option of a Great Bend Loader instead of the Massey. Says it saves you (buyer) about $300 - $500 on the deal. Hope this helps a little

/ MF 1455v Price? #3  
I bought a 1455v in April with a MF FEL. Has a 6' bucket and a $800 set of pallet forks. I gave $22,300 for it. It did not have remotes (do not need at this time). I am going to go back and add a metal canopy in a few weeks and it is going to be an added $400. I am not sure how much remotes cost. Hope this helps.

/ MF 1455v Price? #4  
Thanks for the response. I'd about decided the Massey Ferguson forum was "dead" as new posts are rare.
I have already made the deal and have the tractor. Final price was $23,500. 1455v 4wd, FEL, dual rear remotes and hydraulic side link, canopy, right side step, 72" HD bucket, Quick-Attach kit for FEL implements. Might have paid a little too much but I guess they've got to make a living somewhere. I've put about 10 hours on it now and have been very satisfied. My only complaint is the "rattling" of the FEL frame when bush-hogging the pasture. I drove some wood wedges between the arms and the mounting bracket and that helped a lot. I also need to see about some flow restrictors in my tilt link cylinder that will make it smoother to operate.

/ MF 1455v Price? #5  
I have 24 hrs on mine and have had no problems. I also had the raddle you are talking about on the loader. It was coming from the left pin that attaches loader to mounts close to clutch peddle. This would only happen with no loader implement. Not enough weight forward to keep pressure on pin. I pulled the pin and wrapped it one time in electral tape. Cannot see anything and it stopped the raddle. Also the tape turns loose easily should I need to remove it.

/ MF 1455v Price? #6  
The rattle with my loader frame is as yours coming from the left loader frame. I mentioned it while at the dealer's this morning and they took me back in the shop and showed me a modification that had been done on a 1455v. They had welded a thin "shim" to the mount on the tractor that reduced the "play" in the loader arm. Said it worked well and would take about twenty minutes to do. I've got about 35 hours on mine now, so it'll probably be a couple or three weeks before 50-hour service. When I get that done I'll get them to add the shim and post a picture if you're interested.