MF 135 service

/ MF 135 service #1  

Flywheel

Bronze Member
Tractor
Hi fellas -

I'm doing some work on a 135 - '70s model (plastic headlights in grill).

Anyway - Do I fill the hydro up to the side port just belaow and behind the fill port?

What oil filter so I need (3cylinder) - off the shelf style.

Also, what size fan belt do I need? (has PS pump and alt.)

Thanks in advance for any help

/ MF 135 service #2  
I believe there is a dipstick for the hydraulic fluid located at the bask of the right side floorplate, there is a hydraulic filter that I think is inside the cover where the pto engagement lever is at (ask Farmwithjunk because his 150 should be the same). As for the oil filters I'm not sure what filter yours takes but I always get mine (4 cyl gas Continetnal Z-145) at the Massey dealer because the one i got at bnapa one time was so dern goofy that it didn't fit right. Mine takes a cartridge that fits inside a casing.
The belts you should be able to get at almost any auto parts store, just take your old one in with you.

/ MF 135 service
Thanks Birdhunter - I do recall the dipstick when I checked it last year - forgot about it this time and just started filling, but ran out of fluid. I'll prolly drain and refill anyway.

Thanks again

/ MF 135 service #5  
Flywheel said:
Hi fellas -

I'm doing some work on a 135 - '70s model (plastic headlights in grill).

Anyway - Do I fill the hydro up to the side port just belaow and behind the fill port?

What oil filter so I need (3cylinder) - off the shelf style.

Also, what size fan belt do I need? (has PS pump and alt.)

Thanks in advance for any help

Hydraulic oil level is gauged by the dipstick mentioned in earlier post. It's in the hydraulic response control/right side inspection cover found near where your right heal would sit on the running board.

I've replaced my canister filter with a spin-on automotive type. Did so years ago. I don't recall the part# of the canister. Should be very easy to find though.