McCormick IH B250 Differential oil fill point?

/ McCormick IH B250 Differential oil fill point? #1  

Aric84

Tractor
McCormick International B250
Hi all,

I have been searching all over the tractor and in the manual but coming up short. Where do you check and fill the rear differential fluid on an International B250? I see that the drain plug is directly below the PTO shaft but where the heck is the fill/check level plug?

I have a small drip from the PTO seal and I have no idea how much fluid is left in there since I just bought the tractor this past June. Any help is appreciated!

/ McCormick IH B250 Differential oil fill point? #2  
Righthandside below the brakepedals. It is suspiciosly low

/ McCormick IH B250 Differential oil fill point?
That would be the transmission level plug no? Just below the foot rest and brakes.

I'm starting to wonder if the B250 shares the same oil between the differential and transmission.

/ McCormick IH B250 Differential oil fill point? #4  
There is a sepperate plug for the gearbox allso about that lever but a bit forward

Thanks, I'll take a look next time I'm out as the tractor is parked at a friend's for some pig slaughtering next week.

/ McCormick IH B250 Differential oil fill point? #6  
The fill point is the large plug near the gear change. The tractor shares the oil between the gearbox and diff. The level plug is under the brake pedals. Remove the plug and add oil untill it starts to flow out.
The PTO seal is readily available, cheap and easy to change.

Perfect, that makes life so much easier. I'll change the seal during my next fluid flush. I guess that plug below the PTO is just to do a complete drain of the lower sump then, which makes sense. I may try cracking it and see if much water comes out.

Thanks for the confirmation guys!

/ McCormick IH B250 Differential oil fill point? #8  
Fill and level plug
20190906_135543.jpeg