Maybe A LS MT342

/ Maybe A LS MT342 #1  

KCTractors

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS MT342, Case 530 CK, , Ford 2000, , Ford 8N
I have been thinking about buying MT342 HC with a 74" front-mount snow-blower. Will this HP be enough to handle this blower for a 2000' drive-way?

/ Maybe A LS MT342 #2  
Front mount snow blower?

The short answer is yes, given that you can mount it. The PTO will spin a 74" snow blower. However, it might struggle with deep, heavy snow. It depends on how much snow you have, how often you can get out and remove it, how heavy the snow is, how fast you want to go, etc.

/ Maybe A LS MT342 #3  
I have a 72" rear mount on a XR4145. The only time I've ever noticed the engine even start to labor was blowing 18" of extremely wet heavy snow.

We usually get pretty dry stuff where I live. For 6-8 inches of dry snow I actually drive full throttle in M range. 8+ inches and I slow down to L range.

As Avenger mentioned, you can always just slow down or take a smaller cut if needed. This is easiest to modulate if you have an HST.

I have never felt like 45 hp was inadequate for my snow blowing needs (90-100 inches/year). I also clear a drive that is about 2,000 feet in length.

/ Maybe A LS MT342
I signed the papers today for the MT342HC tractor and 72" front-mount snow-blower. Six to eight weeks to deliver the tractor and not sure about the snow-blower.

/ Maybe A LS MT342 #5  
Congrats, as a new MT3 owner I state that you are going to love your new machine! No snow here to deal with but it has been a brush clearing rock moving monster so far!