Massey website frustration

/ Massey website frustration #11  
I wonder what is in their website thinking ? Its been quite awhile since I did a "build your own" on the website - and I've noticed quite an odd difference from before.
I could choose the tractor and loader or backhoe and type of tires. But I couldn't add any implements to it (like a mmm or rear cutter). In fact when I went to the implements area I couldn't even see any descriptions of the mmm - only the barest of sizes and blade count.

Now why would someone (anyone) need to be in contact by chat or phone or email or form - just to configure normal items like a tractor/loader/mmm as an example. And you need to name a dealer ??? The whole concept of a website is research PRIOR to going to the dealers. Its just silly.

/ Massey website frustration #12  
My name is ######## and I want you to have a great experience while researching and buying one of the GC1700 Series Sub-Compact Tractor. I can help you:

Configure the tractor with the right options and implements
Get a final quote
Get financing options
Find the closest dealer with your tractor in stock

To get started, please let me know how you would prefer to coordinate:

When I'm performing initial research - tire-kicking, so to speak - I don't want to trouble a dealer who might (should) be busy serving real clients. I'm not talking final pricing, delivery dates, etc - just a general idea on the MSRP of a fully configured tractor with the implements I want, a list of financing options, and any national or local rebates that may be applicable.

So, as skeptical as a I might be, I decide to give ####### a shot and see what kind of information he can provide. Zip. Nada. "Please provide your postal code so that I can get a local dealer to contact you with available offers." Thanks a bunch - that's exactly what I was hoping to avoid, and what your website alluded to as being possible by communicating with you. I wonder what they pay these people.

/ Massey website frustration #13  
I gotta believe their website is costing them I know I'm interested but the only dealer near me is huge ag dealer who doesn't want to be bothered with a tire kicker. I really like 5600 but will probably end up with the new deer because of better dealers

/ Massey website frustration #14  
I gotta believe their website is costing them I know I'm interested but the only dealer near me is huge ag dealer who doesn't want to be bothered with a tire kicker. I really like 5600 but will probably end up with the new deer because of better dealers

I'd suggest you not assume something of what a big dealer does, because after all, they got big for a reason. I've mentioned a large dealer of Massey and Kubota located in WI and numerous people on TBN have gone there and ended up purchasing there because of their customer focus and very unique facility benefits. And some traveled considerable distances.

I'd suggest you not settle for something you really don't want just because you are assuming a big dealer isn't going to give you proper attention or consideration. Its easy to say - "I'm too small to count" but that doesn't make it true. There's proof in that if you ever go to a little town called Sauk City in Wisconsin. I've never seen a larger dealer or larger facility or more quantities of skilled service techs - yet their prices were very attractive - but more importantly - their customer service style is small town friendly even with 5 acres under roof.

Last edited:
   / Massey website frustration
Just to follow up, I ended up ordering a Kubota L3560.

The Massey dealer great to talk to and the pricing for the 1736 was about $1000 less than the Kubota L3560.

With that said, the Kubota financing was better for me and the Massey dealer is 100 miles away - vice 5 miles for the closest Kubota dealer.

/ Massey website frustration #16  
After realizing that I was not going to get anywhere with the Massey online chat guy, I called a local dealer. I was astonished at the price - about $8K less than Kubota and $3K less than LS. I asked him to double check and he said his numbers were fine. After sleeping on it, I called back the next day and told him I was ready to deal, but I asked that he check his numbers one more time. He gave me the same price as the day before. I told him that he was going to wipe out the competition with his pricing. Then he said, oh - the prices I gave you are in US dollars. Numbskull. Why would you - a Canadian dealer, provide me - a Canadian customer, with US pricing? Man I was mad - especially after all of my prodding.

The financing on the Kubota sealed the deal for me, too. I asked for the cash price versus 84 months @ 0% and they told me $1000 less. Um, yeah - 0% it is.