Massey to replace 1700 premium models

/ Massey to replace 1700 premium models #1  

chrissunde

Tractor
2105 Massey 1734e
Looking at the build and price option on the Massey web site for compact tractors I discovered that Massey is soon to replace their premium 1700p series of tractors with a new line of dpf-free 1700m tractors. Models include 1735m, 1740m, 1750m, 1755m, and 1760m; all feature shibaura non dpf diesel engines. There is a brief description of the new line in an online brochure that I found when seeking info on the 2600h series; this brochure is an overview of all the smaller Utility and compact Massey tractors. Viewing a "tractor time with tim" youtube a Massey dealer indicates the new models will be available mid July 2018.

Does anyone have an additional information to share about these new tractors?

/ Massey to replace 1700 premium models #2  
I heard the exact same information you had posted above.

It makes you wonder if there was a engine design capable of being DPF free why was this not the first choice for being compliant? Has some new technology been developed?

/ Massey to replace 1700 premium models
I heard the exact same information you had posted above.

It makes you wonder if there was a engine design capable of being DPF free why was this not the first choice for being compliant? Has some new technology been developed?

They are using the same dpf-free technology and power plants that they currently run in their 2700e series. These power plants feature Shibaura common rail DOC engines, probably similar technology as to what Mahindra uses in their compact tractors.

/ Massey to replace 1700 premium models #4  
Not sure if there are any similarities between the two, but Dodge pickups came with Cummins engines that were DPF free for a few years but there were issues with them and Cummins switched over to using DPF somewhere around 2011-12.

/ Massey to replace 1700 premium models #5  
I know I'm really happy with the Shibaura engine in my 2706e.
.....Part of my reasoning for going with it, was staying away from DPF systems. I'm only 166 hours in, but so far so good.