Massey Ferguson Industrial 20c

/ Massey Ferguson Industrial 20c #1  

Mattc8832

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3032e,Snapper Pro SW20 and s200, Stihl Handhelds, BCS 830, Yamaha Rhino 700, 2 - Gravely 5260, New Holland LS 45 , 6,10 by 14 Trailer , Woods BH 6000 Towable Backhoe, Honda 21 Self Propelled, Exmark Commercial 21and shop full of tools
I'm looking at purchasing a massey ferguson industrial 20c tractor. The machine is diesel and has about 2200 hours on it. Anyone had any complaints or issues with that make or model machine. Thanks Matt

/ Massey Ferguson Industrial 20c #2  
You can usually buy the industrials for less $, however, they bring less if you ever want to sell it. Ken Sweet

/ Massey Ferguson Industrial 20c #3  
The 20C, is a rather uncommon machine. Like Ken said they do bring a lower price than the ag versions. The AG equivalent of the tractor is a MF245. The 20C came in two varients the 20C turf that had a lower stance, short knees on a adjustable front axle and wide rear turf tires. The industrial variant had a heavy duty fixed front axle and full hydrostatic steering.
They came with a 6 speed shuttle shift transmission or a 8 speed standard transmission.
most of the parts are the same as the regular MF245, however the steering and the front axle is different on the industrial. If it has the Perkins diesel then they sip fuel. Since it is a MF there is excellent parts support for the units and they are one of the cheapest tractors to maintain and run.

Post some pics and a description of how the unit is equipped so I can provide some more information. I also have a 20C.

/ Massey Ferguson Industrial 20c #4  
Morning,

New to this all as well. Just got a 20C Turf and need to work some TLC to get it up and running. Any pointers, tips, ideas, etc. would be greatly beneficial. This is all new to me.

Thanks

/ Massey Ferguson Industrial 20c #5  
I have had a 30B (diesel) with a FEL and 3 point for almost 10 years and it has been very reliable.
Whenever I get a new to me (used) piece of equipment I always change the filters and fluids, so I know the correct stuff is in there and it also let me see what came out with the old fluids.

/ Massey Ferguson Industrial 20c #6  
I have a gas MF 20 industrial. I understand the diesel is even better than mine but I fell in love with it as soon as I drove it. I have made many mistakes with the restoration when buying parts and being a very new tractor diy. It’s size and stature is perfect for me and the power is great. I initially bought a brand new MF but got rid of it. Just couldn’t get a good feel for it. I do miss the bucket but this is one great little tractor