Massey Ferguson 1648 Dyna Qps 4th gear noise

/ Massey Ferguson 1648 Dyna Qps 4th gear noise #1  

Jervis

Tractor
2012 Massey Ferguson 1648 Dyna, 2008 Kioti CK20s HST, 2012 Kubota B2630 w BH77
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2012 Massey Ferguson 1648 with dyna qps transmission. The tractor has been very well taken care of with 230 hrs. I have put about 15 of those hours on since I bought it. I have noticed there is a rattling noise I will call it, when operating the tractor in 4th gear. Middle range (turtle) is the loudest but you can hear it in low range (snail) as well. It probably does it in high range to but the tire noise and vibration from high speed kinda drowns it out.

The noise kinda sounds like a bearing rattle but it痴 hard to tell. I recently changed the hydraulic fluid and cleaned the metal screen. There was some debris on the screen and magnetic but nothing I would say crazy and no real metallic pieces. There was no change in the noise before and after the fluid change.

I talked to the nearby Massey dealer mechanic and he recalls working on a tractor a few years ago with a noisy 4th gear and he changed a bearing in the transmission and there is a service bulletin from Massey and an upgraded bearing to replace it. He is going to go through his notes and try and dig some information up as it has been a while.

I haven稚 been able to find any similar problems to this that other people had and figured I would ask the question. It痴 a bit of a disappointment for a tractor with only a few hours if this is the problem.

/ Massey Ferguson 1648 Dyna Qps 4th gear noise #2  
has your problem been solved since then and are you satisfied with your transmission regarding reliability, durability?