Massey 135

/ Massey 135
Well guys, I finally picked up the replacement block. The guy described it as a used core bare block. I thought it would look like mine, all greasy and dirty. I was pleasently suprised to see it when I went to pick it up. It was already cleaned, and had new sleeves in it, had the main caps on it, also had new looking freeze plugs in it, he didnt tell me that on the phone when I first called. The funny thing is, is that when I first called, he said for an extra 150.00 he would boil it and remove the sleeves and have it ready for the rebuild. I told him I would wait on that because its going to be awhile before I get all the parts together for the rebuild. I think I would have screwed myself if I had asked him to do that! Heres a few pics for those of you interested.

Attachments

• DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    607.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    614.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    612.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    605.4 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    604.8 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    602.8 KB · Views: 133
   / Massey 135 #22  
I bought a "spare" yesterday myself. AD3-152 diesel with just over 500 hours on total rebuild (at MF dealer I trade with) Inc injector pump. Paid $450! Now I gotta find a tractor with bad engine. See how this just never ends...............

/ Massey 135
450.00? Dang, thats cheap! I dont suppose he has a gasser 152 laying around? I paid 300.00 just for the block alone. I had found several other salvage yards around, but the best price I got from any of them was 5 or 6 hundred for a used block, and im sure those would have been the "greasy dirty" kind without new sleeves lol. Was that motor whole, Farm? I mean head, timing covers, pan ect? Also Farm, I didnt see much for cam bearings in this gasser 152, the cam from my old block slides right in the new block, with very minimal side to side slop. I cant see where there would be room for cam bearings if any, what do you think? Thanks, TB

/ Massey 135 #24  
450.00? Dang, thats cheap! I dont suppose he has a gasser 152 laying around? I paid 300.00 just for the block alone. I had found several other salvage yards around, but the best price I got from any of them was 5 or 6 hundred for a used block, and im sure those would have been the "greasy dirty" kind without new sleeves lol. Was that motor whole, Farm? I mean head, timing covers, pan ect? Also Farm, I didnt see much for cam bearings in this gasser 152, the cam from my old block slides right in the new block, with very minimal side to side slop. I cant see where there would be room for cam bearings if any, what do you think? Thanks, TB

Complete....fan blade to flywheel, Valve cover to oil pan.

The REBUILD was done at the dealership. I bought the engine from a private party.

Your block looks like a VERY good one from the pictures.

/ Massey 135
Wow, what a deal you got on that thing! What do you think about the cam bearing thing? Thanks! TB

/ Massey 135
I talked to the diesel repair shop I bought the block from. He said they did not use cam bearings on those motors. Strange as it seems, I guess he's right because there dont appear to be any in there. Metal on metal, geeze I guess they have a **** of an oiling system. Thanks, TB

/ Massey 135
Took the rest of the dual clutch apart today, I already saw that the 11" disk against the flywheel had wore down to into the rivots and grooved the pressure plate, but wanted to see what the 9" disk looked like. Took the pressure plate apart to find that the disk was complety oil soaked, no surprise there. But it looks like it never was releasing and then engaging, the white numbers painted on the disk surface still looks new like it never rubbed off. Also the inner pressure plate has the outline image of the disk on it as if it never released. Heres a few pictures of it, maybe it was never adjusted properly? The pto did work when I bought it, he ran a finishing mower on it when I first went to look at it, so I know it was turning. I really didnt pay too much attention to how he engaged it. Thanks, TB

Attachments

• DSCF0076.JPG
    DSCF0076.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF0075.JPG
    DSCF0075.JPG
    607.5 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF0079.JPG
    DSCF0079.JPG
    615.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF0078.JPG
    DSCF0078.JPG