Mowing making my BX mower mulch

/ making my BX mower mulch #1  

vstar1300

Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Hi,anyone have any ideas how I can modify my BX belly mower to mulch my grass clippings as it mows?

/ making my BX mower mulch #3  
Is there a dedicated "Mulch Kit"? :confused3:

You need Baffles, Mulch-Blades, Closed discharge chute opening, Raised HOC, Dry grass, ...

"Search" the forum.

Edit: I see 100td beat me.;)

/ making my BX mower mulch #4  
I've found just using the mulching blades (either gator blades, or full length edge blades) is enough. The baffles & chute block are a waste of time IMO. Blocking the chute seems to hinder the suction under the deck, and when it's dry, creates an ungawdly dust cloud that hangs right with the tractor.

/ making my BX mower mulch #5  
I've got the Kubota mulch kit on mine and have for most of its life. I like it, it cuts down on the width some by take the chute guard off. It does make a dust cloud, never really thought of it though. Its kind of pricey but is pretty complete.

/ making my BX mower mulch #6  
I have added the Kubota mulching kit to both a Z121 (myself) and BX2370-1 (Dealer installed at purchase). Totally satisfied with its performance on both machines and worth the $200. I hate grass blowing on me and wife feels the same way about it. The mulching kit stops it and cuts fine. Never noticed any more dust but doesn't mean it isn't there.

/ making my BX mower mulch #7  
Dust...??? I dont get any dust from mulching, if i do, its because i dont have any grass under the mower.

/ making my BX mower mulch #8  
I fabricated a cover for my chute out of some 10ga plate steel. I've got gator blades on mine. It works OK. My flail mower with Y grass blades does one heck of a job though for striping and mulching.

/ making my BX mower mulch #9  
I use Gator blades and commercial chute blockers on my diesel zero turns. I use the chute blocker mostly to control grass discharge around stuff I don't want to blow grass on, but it also does well for mulching leaves. As Dalola points out, the chute blockers do create a lot of dust under some conditions.
I generally leave the chute open and mow over leaves in one direction, then go over the semi mulched leaves with the chute closed.

/ making my BX mower mulch #10  
The Kubota kit comes with a lot of metal blockers, not just the chute. It basically just keeps it so each blade doesn't funnel the grass to the right but just drops it straight down.

If the grass is green and it hasn't been dry I don't get any dust but if its been dry and I'm just mowing tall weeds or dry leaves, it can be pretty dusty.