mahindra

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / mahindra #51  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There is nothing high tech in a CUT, just ordinary mechanisms that were perfected years ago )</font>

I agree with a lot of what you've stated - some I don't, but the statement I quoted above isn't really accurate. Speaking only about the brand I own - there is a significant amount of high tech electronic wizardry involved in it's use and operation. Much of the drivetrain operation involves a computer system that monitors load and matches engine output to the task at hand - there is cruise control, and if I'm not mistaken even some "fly by wire" or more accurately said, drive by wire technology at use.

Overall it's just a tractor, but there is for sure some high tech stuff at work there. Whether someone actually wants all that tech stuff at work is another question, one that is answered by the free market. It works for me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Others prefer the more tried and true good old fashioned tractors. It's amazing to me that we have all the brands and choices that we do.

/ mahindra #52  
Agreed Neil - stated flat out - there is no perfect tractor - it doesn't exist. Some units, regardless of brand will be better at some things and not as good at others. What works for me probably won't fit someone else because we all have different needs and preferences. I haven't seen as much brand loyalty and discussion since I was into motorcycles. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ mahindra #53  
I started out just agreeing with another poster that I didn't think that Mahindra quality was as good as other tractors. I don't think they are. That's my opinion so what? I'm not trying to make you or anyone else think I'm right. I just mentioned my opinion. As I pointed out it's based on many things from my personal experience. You don't have to agree with me and I'm not even going to try and get you to agree with me. You want to compare a 64' JD to todays tractors and I offer to go to a farm show, only because that's where you can see tractors side by side and compare them. Not because I'm a farm show jockey but because it's alot easier to compare differences. I could sit here all day and tell you differences that I see and what people I know have said and my personal expericences driving them and you will just blast it anyway. I've offered this information in the past only to be called a liar and other things. The only way I know to do it anymore is show someone face to face. The best tractor for you or anyone else is the one that you've purchased and are happy and comfortable with. I purchased JD because to me it was the best tractor out there. You purchased Mahindra, Kioti or whatever for the same reason.

/ mahindra #54  
I'd take you up on the farm show offer... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I wish we had some in my area. I think there are a few around New England, but not like your area of the country.

/ mahindra #55  
Recently when I was looking to purchase a new tractor I looked at the Mahindra Line. The tractors that I saw were of excellent quality and I don't doubt that they would do what I needed them to do but what I couldn't get around was that the "dealer" who sold them did so from his pasture. He did not have a building, etc nor did he have any place to service or maintain these tractors. My understanding is that he has an arrangement with a local mechanic to work on the tractors he sells. I just could not allow myself to buy a tractor from this dealer who might not be around next week, let alone in the future when I really need a problem solved. etc. Because of this I purchased a John Deere. I paid somewhere around $2000.00 more than for a Mahindra but I can sleep at night knowing that when something breaks I will have no problem with dealer support, etc.

Tony Jones

/ mahindra #56  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I started out just agreeing with another poster that I didn't think that Mahindra quality was as good as other tractors.)</font>

C+ for effort there rich. You certainly did agree with Chris, 'ceptin he NEVER said that. Kinda tough to agree to something said that wasn't. )</font>

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm not trying to make you or anyone else think I'm right. I just mentioned my opinion. As I pointed out it's based on many things from my personal experience. You don't have to agree with me and I'm not even going to try and get you to agree with me. )</font>

Here's cowboy's completely unsolicited and once private PM to me. This is the entire message - compare it to the quote above. Sounds quite a bit more than just an opinon * cough * and even less like the act of sensible persuasion.

<font color="brown"> What possible basis do you have to say anything DAP other than some limited weekend experience. When have you ever farmed or for that matter even ran any real equipment for any length of time? You'd be far better off to listen than to keep showing your lack of knowledge and experience everytime you talk about anything. </font>

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I could sit here all day and tell you differences that I see and what people I know have said and my personal expericences driving them and you will just blast it anyway. I've offered this information in the past only to be called a liar and other things. The only way I know to do it anymore is show someone face to face. )</font>

Rich ... all day would be a bit much, and you've discarded the opportunity for just 5 mins of your time to put information into a post in this thread, for some unexplained reason. Net/Net ... no value add from you regarding this debate. Many will/have drawn their own conclusions about both tractors and TBN posters.

Speaking of 5 mins .. this has taken up way too much of my time.

Over and out.

/ mahindra #57  
When a thread gets to the point of quoting, it's time to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.