Mahindra 5010 FEL Joystick broke!!!

/ Mahindra 5010 FEL Joystick broke!!! #1  

emcvay

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 w/FEL
:mad::confused:

Seems the little cast iron (I'm guessing) anchor for the FEL joystick broke on my 2012 Mahindra 5010 this weekend right before being able to drag some logs out of the woods I'd just bucked up. No idea how it happened as a friend was running the tractor for me but when he returned from dropping off some logs the FEL jostick was flopping around.

I pulled off the boot covering it and saw the issue. There are two valves connected to a plate via bolts and a 3rd bolt is connected to this cast iron looking bracket -- that bracket was broken in half and flopping about.

1696267336377.png

Looking at the Mahindra diagram and it appears it's this 1-12 'bracket' but I can't be certain. I forgot to get pics of it (too busy trying to see if it could be fixed -- it could not so I went back to work.

With luck, I can get the part I need quickly enough to get it back in action so I can move my logs, clean up my slash and get back to making sawdust before the snow flies!

Anyone else had this kind of thing happen?

/ Mahindra 5010 FEL Joystick broke!!!
I just found this one and my local supply seems to have one. I'm not sure it's exactly right but I'll only know once I get it and get back to my property where the tractor is.

One thing I noticed was the one I have, that's broken, appeared to have very small allen wrench style screws holding it in place. I didn't have any allen wrenches to get it off (that fit) so I'm hoping it's not something silly like rivets!

Anyone else replaced this part?

/ Mahindra 5010 FEL Joystick broke!!! #3  
No idea how it happened as a friend was running the tractor for me but when he returned from dropping off some logs the FEL jostick was flopping around.
Frustrating for you.

Root cause may be this. ^ Some people don't treat other people's equipment like it is their own. Even friends. If I were your friend and I broke your tractor, I'd be paying. But that's just me.

At least if you run your machine yourself, you know exactly what happened.

*chuckle* I'll admit, that thought crossed my mind but on the other hand, he was providing me with lots of free labor that really helped me out! So, I'm happy to fix the tractor even if it was he who caused the breakage (I'm not convinced really) as it would cost me considerably more to hire someone to come do all the work he did with me -- let alone how well he did it!

/ Mahindra 5010 FEL Joystick broke!!! #5  
The bracket that broke may have Torx (star heads) screws rather than allen wrench. No matter which ones they are, they will be metric.

/ Mahindra 5010 FEL Joystick broke!!! #6  
That happened to our 5010 too, putting the cables back on is a ROYAL pain. The 5010 cab comes with a joy stick, whether you buy a loader or not.

The part that breaks is where the cable end balls connects to, and its made from cheap metal, plus its in the way while getting in & out of the machine

Ours broke when I let an employee use it one time, and I don't even have a loader.

I believe he was wrestling with a gorilla or monkeys in the cab and broke it. :eek:

Torx! Maybe. They are small and my old eyes couldn't tell but I'll bring some torx with me, thanks!

Hey all! Got it fixed! Thank you so much! :) I was lucky and the local shop had one and it was actually cheaper than other dealer prices I'd seen online which was nice, so shout out to Okanogan Truck and Tractor for having the part and selling it for a decent price! Woot!