Mahindra 4110

/ Mahindra 4110 #21  
I went out and measured beam to beam. I even took a photo. I need to resize it under 100kb before I can post it though. It is a little less than 12" center of beam to center of beam. How do you measure a single plow then?

/ Mahindra 4110 #22  
You have now measured them correctly. They are truely 12" plows. I stand corrected. I believe you are at your limit with this plow and the HP available in the 4110. Heavy clay soil could still slow you down. What do the points/shears look like. If you have the time/inclination, turn the plow on its side and check the points. Not even a strong tractor can pull a plow well with worn points. It should be relatively easy to tell what condition they are in. Congrats on your plow. BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 4110
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You have now measured them correctly. They are truely 12" plows. I stand corrected. I believe you are at your limit with this plow and the HP available in the 4110. Heavy clay soil could still slow you down. What do the points/shears look like. If you have the time/inclination, turn the plow on its side and check the points. Not even a strong tractor can pull a plow well with worn points. It should be relatively easy to tell what condition they are in. Congrats on your plow. BobG in VA )</font>

Bob, do you think the 4110 would have any problems pulling a set of double 14" plows in heavy soil?

I took the wife by the Mahindra dealer today. She was really impressed with the 4110, much more so than she was with the Kubotas and the New Hollands I showed to her today. Unlike most wives mine happens to know a bit about tractors, as she grew up driving them through hay fields from the time she got big enough to be able to stand on the clutch peddle and depress it.

/ Mahindra 4110 #24  
Yes Sir! I do believe a 2Btm 14" plow would be perfect for the 4110, in any soil. As stated before weight is the main issue for tractions sake. I'd actually like to hear from some folks that have the Mahindra's and plows. I use my 1957 Farmall 230 with FastHitch 2 bottom 14' plows to do my friends garden every year. I have fluid in rears and 300 lbs of wheelweights. Love to hear those Farmall engine govenors open up! I was raised on a Ford 8N with 2 bottom 12" Dearborn plows. 8N would pull them all day long on a 10 gallon tank of gas. Get that 4110! BobG in VA