Mahindra 2660 vs 2655 (cab or OS) Differences?

/ Mahindra 2660 vs 2655 (cab or OS) Differences? #1  

bmontini

Tractor
Mahindra 2655HST just replaced my Mahindra Max28XL HST
Mahindra 2660 vs 2655 (cab or OS) Differences?
Who knows about the 2660??

So talked to my dealer today, have been looking at a 2655 HST (still deciding on cab or no cab)

He says 土a know they just released the 2660...? I can't find any google images or references on the 2660... just the newest brochure that has them...

I致e seen literature discrepancies indicating a change but other than some HP gains and a BIG gain in hydraulics (9.7max Gpm to 16.7 - Spec sheets both say total GPM) cant find any other info. Particularly if there were any changes inside the Cab (or Open station) There have to be other differences as it is an addition 284 lbs heavier and it is 3.8 inches longer. Dry weights on the cab are 284lbs heavier on the 2660 vs the 2655...

Thoughts?

/ Mahindra 2660 vs 2655 (cab or OS) Differences? #2  
The question is, is the 2660 a lowered HP version of the 2665 or an increased HP version of the 2555? The 2665 is a slightly bigger tractor than the 2555 but both use the same engine just running a different ECM program. Try comparing the dimensions and weights of the 2665 and 2660 to see how they compare.

The hydraulic flow notation at 16.7 GPM probably reflects the total hydraulic flow which would include the power steering pump whereas the 9.7 would indicate only they hydraulics.

/ Mahindra 2660 vs 2655 (cab or OS) Differences? #3  
I just ordered a 2660 HST Cab. The dealer said that the distribution center got some delivered but they did not have the front loader. The front loader came in a week later and then they put a hold on them because they had a new seat that is going to be installed before they release any for sale. The seat has not arrived but should be in any day. On the Mahindra web site the hydraulic total flow is 16.7 with 11.8 for the hydraulics and the balance for steering. When I take delivery I will take some pictures and try to get them posted and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.

TractorNH, how many hours do you have on your 2655 Cab HST and how do you like it? I was also thinking about the EA Wicked 72 dual lid grapple. How do you like it? I may also get the SawHaul kit too. Have you had any problems at all with the 2660? Thanks

/ Mahindra 2660 vs 2655 (cab or OS) Differences? #4  
I just ordered a 2660 HST Cab. The dealer said that the distribution center got some delivered but they did not have the front loader. The front loader came in a week later and then they put a hold on them because they had a new seat that is going to be installed before they release any for sale. The seat has not arrived but should be in any day. On the Mahindra web site the hydraulic total flow is 16.7 with 11.8 for the hydraulics and the balance for steering. When I take delivery I will take some pictures and try to get them posted and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.

TractorNH, how many hours do you have on your 2655 Cab HST and how do you like it? I was also thinking about the EA Wicked 72 dual lid grapple. How do you like it? I may also get the SawHaul kit too. Have you had any problems at all with the 2660? Thanks

I have just over 100 trouble free hours on my 2655. I know others who have several hundred hours on their 2555's which are essentially the same exact tractor without any issues. My only complaint is the seat height which I fixed by making risers (as many others have also done). My risers and some others are detailed in this thread: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/362011-2555-hst-cab-seat.html

The Wicked 72 is great and I like the long bottom since I use it mostly for grabbing and carrying loads vs raking roots and brush out of the ground. If you're grubbing for roots then the root rake style would be better. For my use I have NO regrets on getting the one I have. There are other brands that are cheaper but they are far from the same quality. Others are also somewhat heavier. Since EA uses higher strength steel they can use thinner steel and save on weight. They also have the best customer support if you ever have an issue down the road. They say it's a 1 year warranty but I know they've backed people up even if they've had an issue 2 or 3 years down the road. They care about their customers more than a lot of companies do.

If you're going to buy a Sawhaul there's a promo code "SAVEMYSAW" that will save you 5% and you'll get the free shipping if you order it on their website SawHaul.com.

/ Mahindra 2660 vs 2655 (cab or OS) Differences? #5  
TractorNH, Thanks for the information. Just found out that Mahindra will not release the new 2660 HST Cab tractor to the dealer and will not say why. Was relieved to hear you have not had any problems with your tractor. I will post when I have more information.

/ Mahindra 2660 vs 2655 (cab or OS) Differences? #6  
I have a 2555 HST open station with 75B backhoe. Bought new in 2017 and now have 430 hrs. on it. No problems at all and would buy it again.