Mahindra 2660 HST "Stop Sale"?

/ Mahindra 2660 HST "Stop Sale"? #1  

nkurz

Tractor
Considering Mahindra
I've been trying to buy a new Mahindra for about 6 months now, but keep striking out. I started out last fall with an order for a 3650 HST ROPS TLB, and after 3 months of silence the dealer heard back that the whole line was being discontinued (thread with more details about my plans here).

In January, I switched the order to a 2660 HST ROPS TLB, and was told the tractor was ready to ship but the backhoe might take a few weeks. Since then I've been told month-by-month that they can't make any guarantees, but I'll probably have it in a month. Finally yesterday the dealer sent me an email saying that Mahindra has told him that there is a "Stop Sale" on all new 2660's and 2670's "until they resolve an issue with them". In his words "They were not able to provide me with any information on what the issue was or when it will be resolved at this time." My impression is that dealer is as frustrated with Mahindra as I am, and at this point would very happy to cancel the order and return my deposit.

Do any of you know anything about this "stop sale" and what it might be about? I've got a back log of projects I was hoping to have done by now, and I'm trying to figure out whether I should continue to wait this out or research other brands and options.

Thanks!

/ Mahindra 2660 HST "Stop Sale"? #2  
All I can tell you about Mahindra in my part of the world is they can not keep a dealer. If they are still selling them the last one was a used car lot which also sells trailers and has no mechanic or other such support is my understanding.

/ Mahindra 2660 HST "Stop Sale"? #3  
This is almost certainly related to emissions. IIRC, 37kw (50hp) is a level where requirements get a little stricter. They probably just made some minor change and need to get the engine family certified by the EPA for sale in the USA.

/ Mahindra 2660 HST "Stop Sale"? #4  
If you have a TYM dealer look at their line up - basically a very similar tractor with a few subtle changes. My 2645 has TYM stamped in several places. Needed a fuel tank due to a very poor design. Dealer obtained a TYM tank since Mahindra had no inventory - same exact tank. I believe my next purchase will likely be a Kubota, JD or something with a reasonable dealer network and much better R&D of the core product. Not so sure I would purchase another tractor made by Mahindra, LS, TYM, etc.. Example of the R&D note above; Ran into issues just trying to install the factory supplied rear remotes. The studs in the kit were so tall they actually touched the bottom of the fuel tank. I had to grind down both studs - very poor R&D on these tractors (IMO).