M6800

/ M6800 #1  

M.McMillan

I am looking at the M6800 with a loader and I have heard that their are various manufactures that are better than Kubota loaders. I was told the Quickie 720 ALO or Bushhog brands are better than the stock unit. If anyone has any experiences with this any information would be appreciated. I have looked at the M5400, 5700, and 6800 and due the minimal amount of difference in the price and the big difference in the tractor's performance between the two I think the M6800 would be hard to go wrong. I have looked at various dealers in Va. and NC. and Carver equipment seems like the TOPDAWG. Thanks for any input.

/ M6800 #2  
M.McMillian, I have a 5400 with a 1001 Kubota loader that I bought Dec '99. When it was time to buy I came across a used 4700, 5400, and 6800, all with less than 100 hours. I got the best deal with the 5400, but really wanted the 6800. You won't go wrong with it.

As to your loader questions, I ran into a similar question. I was trying to decide between the Kubota and Bush Hog loader. I have not heard of a Quickie loader. Anyway, the Bush Hog loader was about $500 less expensive and would lift more. But about everyone I talked to told me to get the Kubota loader for the following reasons: Better fit on the tractor, better resale, the controls (lift and tilt) worked better, and it would hold up great.

Someone on this board has a 4700, a Bush Hog loader, and lives in Montanna or Wyoming. I can't remember his name off the top of my head. He helped me a lot when I was trying to decided which model to buy. He loved his loader and had had no problems with it. I think his only complaint was that his Kubota was a 2x2 instead of a 4x4.

As I said, I have a Kubota loader and have never had one problem with it. I am really happy with how it performs. I do recommend you get a heavy duty tooth bar on the loader. When I am pushing over trees, digging up a mound, or push brush to the burn pile it makes the job much easier. My tooth bar removes with two big bolts and takes about 4 minutes.

Mr. Carver is great. He help me when I was trying to decide what to buy. You won't go wrong with him.

/ M6800 #3  
I just bought a M6800 with a Bush Hog loader.It was a little cheaper than the Kubota and rated to lift more.It fits fine and no problems.I had a M4700 before this 2wd.

Larry Schultz

/ M6800 #4  
I have a Kubota loader on my L3750 and the only weak point was the bucket bent very easy before I beefed it up. Other than that I have abused and misused the loader for a number of years and that would be my only complaint. I have rebuilt the cylinders because of minor leaks and the lift clyinders are due to be rebuilt again. I also rebuilt the valve. Nothing out of the ordanary for the hours that are on the loader and tractor.
If I were to buy the loader again I would buy a Kubota, but with the heavy duty bucket or if I had the extra pocket jingle a four in one bucket.
Im sorry I don't have any experience with quickie a friend of mine has the bush hog and likes it. I have never used it myself, he won't let me on his tractor for some reason but I will sneak on it one day and let you know.
Good Luck Gordon

/ M6800 #5  
Ischultz, quick question, does the Bush Hog loader lift and dump at the same time, or can you only lift and then dump in two separate motions?

I remember being told by someone that one of the advantages of the Kubota loader was you could move the arms and bucket at the same time, but with the Bush Hog it was either move the arms or the bucket but not both in unison. Was this true or not?

/ M6800
I have been loooking for a low hour M6800 but most I have found under the 500 hour range want as much as a new unit from Carver. If anyone knows where a M6800 fitting this category for a great price give me a shout.

/ M6800 #7  
From the operators manual.LOWERING THE BUCKET After the bucket is dumped,back away from the vehicle while lowering and rolling back the bucket.FILLING THE BUCKET Loaders with 1-lever control,ease lever back and toward you to lift and rollback the bucket.I have the model 2446,one lever operates it.Mine will lift and dump at the same time.Not as fast as some I have used.

Larry Schultz

/ M6800 #8  
Thanks, Larry, I wasn't sure on that.

/ M6800 #9  
The Year 2000 M6800SD 4WD with LA1002 loader has some very significant improvements over last years model and do NOT cost any more so be sure that you get a real deal if you take the other one. You couldn't sell me a non Kubota loader for a M6800 no matter how hard you tried. I had a Great Bend (now owned by Bush Hog) with my last tractor and there is no comparison with the Kubota Loader and they cost almost the same. The loader is significantly improved for 2000 in the LA1002 and removes with two pins and no tools. I also bought the quick attach bucket kit. My dealer said he can make more money off of the non Kubota loaders but recommended very strongly not to buy one.

The basic M6800S is fully synchronized in the 4 speed and the shuttle is mounted on the dash like the bigger Kubotas have been since last year. This results in 8 fwd and 8 rev gears.

I assume you are looking at a 2WD unit, but seriously consider the 4WD unit. There is a good reason why you have never seen a manufactureres brochure with a 2WD tractor with a loader. It won't take you long to find out why. The differential lock on the M6800 4WD has two pedals. One for the front axle to use if turning and one that gets BOTH axles for use when going straight. With 1500# of water/antifreeze (non-toxic only) in the tires this tractor has a lot of traction with the large 16.9x30 rear wheels (well large for me anyway).

There are lots of other advantages to the M6800SD that will only be obvious after you have read the manuals very carefully and used it enough to appreciate it. Haven't heard a gear grind on it since I bought it! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif They are in short supply and I had to order it and wait 3 weeks, but glad I did. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif