LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #61  
I feel your pain. I have a Yanmar YT347 that regens between 6 and 10 hr. Should be 40-50 hours. I’ve been working directly with Yamaha engineers to try to resolve the issue. This has been going on for 4 years.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL
I would definitely try switching to Rotella T6 which is 5-40 just to see if anything changes, 5-40 definitely fits very nicely in your temperature range.[/URL]
As noted, I already run T6 just in the 15w40 variant.
(thread went crazy today, I'm on page 4 of 7, catching up...)

You’re getting regens every 9 hours, not 2.

Move past that and focus on why it’s running dirty or the regens aren’t completing properly.
I never said I was having them every 2 hours, but LS said 2 hours is normal.
Had another regen today at 307, so 7 hours from the last one, running constant at 2100-2200rpm.

Is all your use the same type operation?
It's all on my 6 acre wooded lot, and a mix of stump grinding, moving down trees/brush with a grapple and dirt work with the bucket. Spent the last 2 days moving trees to a large slash/burn pile, and only maybe 30 minutes stump grinding.

When i regens, do you see a fog coming out?
no, no noticeable difference in the exhaust before/during/after a regen

Agreed: Injector(s), fuel pressure, fuel timing.. turbo if you have one. Send it back to the dealer again and have them actually look at them and not simply read the ECM logs.
Yes, the 240 is a turbo. Getting all my ducks in a row here and it will go back to the dealer.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #68  
How are the mechanics at your dealer ? I think you should show them this thread because the answer to your regen issues is probably there. If they still don’t manage to fix it try finding a Dealer with better skilled mechanics.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #69  
It's all on my 6 acre wooded lot, and a mix of stump grinding, moving down trees/brush with a grapple and dirt work with the bucket. Spent the last 2 days moving trees to a large slash/burn pile, and only maybe 30 minutes stump grinding.
Not to change the subject but what grapple did you get?? Where did you purchase your hydraulic lines??

GL with the dealer. Its probably something small over looked. These tractors a built like tanks.

I was in the garden with a large tiller tilling our large garden patch. Got a granite rock stuck in the tines (clutch drive) I didnt even notice there was a problem with tiller. It was jammed completely hadda cut the rock out with a grinder. Wouldn't even budge with a 12# sledge.

How are the mechanics at your dealer ? I think you should show them this thread because the answer to your regen issues is probably there. If they still don’t manage to fix it try finding a Dealer with better skilled mechanics.
That is part of my thought process, print it out, send them a link, consolidate just ideas, etc.

Not to change the subject but what grapple did you get?? Where did you purchase your hydraulic lines??
Dealer installed the 3rd function at purchase, and I went with the Homestead Implements 60" root grapple, no complaints.
The W.R.long 3rd function kit comes with all the necessary hoses and brackets to get the connections onto the FEL, and the grapple comes with 3' hoses to connect right up to the manifold connectors on the FEL from the 3rd Function kit, nothing additional needed.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard steel end...
Kennco Plastic Mulch Layer (A33526)
Kennco Plastic...
Metal Roofing Assortment (NEW) (A32908)
Metal Roofing...
Agrotk QK18K-C Mini Excavator (A33526)
Agrotk QK18K-C...
Under Car Creeper (A33719)
Under Car Creeper...
Cat RP6500 Generator (A33041)
Cat RP6500...