lots of questions

/ lots of questions #1  

Anonymous Poster

being new to yanmar tractors glad I found this board.. will 4wd modles with stock tires tear up turf bad on normal turning. the tractor I'm getting will be mostly for lawn care.. I am told I can get turf tires for rear but no info yet on front.. yes I will probably ask alot of simple question like this . at least till I make choice over which one to buy .. leaning toward 4wd just because just in case

/ lots of questions #2  
Ket,
I have a YMG1800D 4WD with Ag tires on it. It tears up the grass pretty good when turning, so I don't use it in the yard. I understand the turf tires are much more forgiving.
-Frank

/ lots of questions #3  
My 186D has ag tires which are a good deal less agressive than the rice tires that come on some of the grays and I have to be real careful crossing the lawn. I definitly do not use 4WD anywhere near grass that I care about. Changing to turf tires can be complicated and expensive. Maybe we need a turf tires thread.

Chris

/ lots of questions #4  
Ket - Welcome to TBN. You might want to consider registering so that everyone can get more info about you and then can be even more helpful!

You never want to run in 4wd while mowing, even if you have turf tires. If the majority of your seat time is going to be doing finish mowing, you'll definitely want to get turf tires. If you'll be doing a lot of other kinds of work (i.e. FEL, field cutting, etc.) then you might want to consider R-4's, which are kind of the middle ground between regular Ag tires and turf tires.

/ lots of questions #5  
I used a Hinomoto 2304 that was a 4WD machine to mow my yard for a season. As long as the tractor was in 2WD and I didn't take the turns wide open, I never had any scuffing problems. I always mowed when it was dry. I believe that tractor weighed 2400lbs.

Brent