Looks like a trip to the tire store today

/ Looks like a trip to the tire store today #51  
I have the HF tire changer also! It's a life saver for trailer tires, TPMS and patching. Made a set of cross legs the bolt up on bottom, that way its pretty compact for storage. Thinking of a bubble balancer for the trailer wheels. Order online and install myself!

/ Looks like a trip to the tire store today #52  
I have the HF tire changer also! It's a life saver for trailer tires, TPMS and patching. Made a set of cross legs the bolt up on bottom, that way its pretty compact for storage. Thinking of a bubble balancer for the trailer wheels. Order online and install myself!
Yeah, I am thinking about making one of those add ons for the HF tire changer with the new and improved ducksbill. And probably get a bubble balancer as well. If you think about it, the time and money savings over the next 25 years, seems like a no brainer. I can buy less expensive tires online and mount them up myself. The tire place now charges you a premium to mount tires because so many people are doing it. Also, I like to be as self-sufficient as possible. This is one more step in that direction.

/ Looks like a trip to the tire store today #53  
Yeah, I am thinking about making one of those add ons for the HF tire changer with the new and improved ducksbill. And probably get a bubble balancer as well. If you think about it, the time and money savings over the next 25 years, seems like a no brainer. I can buy less expensive tires online and mount them up myself. The tire place now charges you a premium to mount tires because so many people are doing it. Also, I like to be as self-sufficient as possible. This is one more step in that direction.

It is also really Good exercise that also provides a sense of accomplishment at the same time, and I always say to family if there is a problem with the Quality of the tire work- we can only blame ourselves. :)

ps, The best thing I did with my previous semi manual tire machine which had an air powered bead breaker (Coats Twin Air Tire man) was to concrete anchor bolt the changer down.
That way when push came to shove, and a cheater bar was needed on tires like ten plies, nothing came loose or moved unexpectedly at the worst possible time and it also provided a lot of leverage ability.

Last edited:
   / Looks like a trip to the tire store today #54  
Since this seems to be the most recent tire thread:
2019 Ford Escape, 21,000 miles (very little driving during Covid), OEM tires (continental procontact) down to about half wear. One sprung a leak, lose about 5lb of pressure a day. Another has had a very small cut on the sidewall for ~5,000 miles.
Decided to replace the 2 tires. Really like their ride.
Was rather shocked by tire prices. Best price I found ($262@) was at Walmart.
But BEFORE that the best price was at Ford, $313@ - until I got to mounting and balancing They wanted $230 for the 2 tires!!
Then I stumbled across Walmart, they had the same exact tire (brand, model, size, speed rating etc.) listed in 3 places, 1 as a group of 4 at ~$1300, 1 web page as $320@, one for $262@. So I bought 2 with m&b w/ their square trade warranty for about the same total price that Ford wanted just for their tires WITHOUT M&B.
Followup
So WM on line showed 1 tired delivered and scheduled for M&B, 1 "delayed".
I chat with WM online, they said both tires had been delivered. I called the WM tire center, they said the tires were in. The web page still showed 1 "delayed".
I go to the appointment today, they couldn't find 1 tire. Took 30 minutes to find. And then took about an hour to M&B and cash out. So I figure I saved about $250 on 2 tires, plus any Walmart tire center will take care of my warranty issue.
/edit -
Now I just need to find a source for 2 very inexpensive 19" rims to fit the Escape and tires, patch the "old" tire with the slow leak, and I will have 2 fullsize spares.