Looking for a gas tank for my BCS 715

/ Looking for a gas tank for my BCS 715 #1  

coaster

Silver Member
Tractor
BCS 715
Hi all,

I tinkered with my 715 sometime ago trying to get it to idle/run a little better and it probably was idling a little too high after that. Before that, it would start to bog down/cut-off going up slight hills. After the adjustment, I think the vibration ended up cracking the gas tank. I actually bought a tank from someone online, but it was pretty old and brittle and the same thing happened with the 2nd tank. So... I patched up my old one (cause the 2nd tank was broken all over the place and very brittle), and I adjusted the idle again. Oh - replacing the fuel filter is what really seemed to do the trick for me so that it's idling and running well. At any rate, I CAN use the tractor, but I would like to replace the gas tank if someone has a used one around. I think a new one is a couple hundred bucks. At the moment, the old boy is running like a champ.

Thanks,

Coast

/ Looking for a gas tank for my BCS 715 #2  
I知 pretty sure I have a good one from an Acme engine. Is that what痴 on your tractor?

/ Looking for a gas tank for my BCS 715 #3  
Earthtools BCS is where I would start. Joel the owner there is probably the most knowledgeable person on European walking tractors in the U.S.

/ Looking for a gas tank for my BCS 715 #4  
I have been using ereplacement parts .com for lawn mower and small engine parts for a couple years now. They have many engine types and exploded views to help. Gas tank for my old Troy built tiller, engine parts for my son's DIGIT and push mowers even had parts for my mccullah chain saw.

/ Looking for a gas tank for my BCS 715
I noticed that I never replied to you - no, I have a Kohler 8hp. Thanks.

/ Looking for a gas tank for my BCS 715 #6  
I noticed that I never replied to you - no, I have a Kohler 8hp. Thanks.

If you know the model # of your Kohler (K181?), I have had good luck on eBay for old parts.

Good luck, stay safe.