Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor..

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #41  
Nice of them to include the proposition 65 decal.

Prop 65.jpeg

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #43  
Whats Prop 65 mean?
Transgenders must be given equal rights to operate your bale spear?
:ROFLMAO:

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor..
Today was the first day i really used the tractor, other than feed hay. It has stunk pretty bad when i got it hot though. Today was pretty bad in the cab(to me), the burning smell was hardcore. It smells like a truck thats in regen. The paint is burnt off of headers pretty good, but the regen smell must be the scr system burning and the rest of the exhaust, just not sure why it makes its way into the cab cause the cab is tight. I wowed some of the thickest and driest weeds today and not a peep of dust in the cab. Look at the buildup on the mower.

I am not familiar with the scr system but i assume it has to burn hot. Maybe a dpf is better cause you just have to fool with the smell during regen.
IMG_7415.jpeg

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #46  
Cute little bugger!
R-1’s….smart man

Little... only from you... 🤣

The new Massey is real nice; I hope that smell clears up, that's kind of frustrating.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #47  
That tractor shouldn't have gone into a regen cycle yet I wouldn't think. My first regen didn't happen until around 200 hours. I'm now around 75% soot level and at around 370 hours. The smell is likely the DEF fluid as it is atomized onto the filter.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor..
That tractor shouldn't have gone into a regen cycle yet I wouldn't think. My first regen didn't happen until around 200 hours. I'm now around 75% soot level and at around 370 hours. The smell is likely the DEF fluid as it is atomized onto the filter.
No, I was only saying it smells like a truck in regen. Massey uses scr, not a dpf so there is no real regen. My understanding is the exhaust runs hotter than normal to keep emissions down. Now the def fluid could very well be the culprit. Sometimes my truck smells like the same smell. Just not sure how it’s getting into cab as tight as it is.