Buying Advice Long/LongAgribusiness/LandTrac 530 DTC Questions and Advice?

/ Long/LongAgribusiness/LandTrac 530 DTC Questions and Advice? #1  

irunjohndeere

Tractor
190 Allis Chalmers, 185 Allis Chalmers, D17 Allis Chalmers, Massey 65, John Deere 540 Skidder, 350C John Deere Dozer
I have searched the internet for information about a Long/LongAgribusiness/LandTrac 530 DTC and havent found much. I know they were made in South Korea by LG Machinery. It has a 4 cylinder diesel Mitsubishi motor.

The reason I am looking for advice is because I have found a 2000 or 2001 LongAgribusiness 530 DTC (SN badge says made for LongAgribusiness, also has LG Machinery badge) with loader with 400 hours for sale for $5000. The only known issue as of this post is that it has a bad clutch. I was told it has been sitting outside and hasn't ran for at least 3 or 4 years due to the clutch failure. It has a bad battery so I haven't been able to start it yet but will before I even think about purchasing it. It is faded and the roll bar has surface rust on it. From what I have found on the internet many the Long tractors of that era premature clutch failure.

I am looking for any advice or answers to the following questions:

1. Should I even consider buying this tractor?
2. What is your best guess to what the tractor is worth in this condition?
3. What Mitsubishi motor was used in it?
4. Are there other known problems with the 530 DTC?
5. How many other 530 DTC's were made?
6. How hard will it be to find parts for the tractor? Motor?

Thanks in advance for any advice or answers you may have.

/ Long/LongAgribusiness/LandTrac 530 DTC Questions and Advice? #2  
I've been very happy with my LongAgribusiness 530 DTC. It outperforms dollar for dollar all the other tractors I own. It never needs glow plugs to start and starts right up every time despite sitting. Very heavy duty. No complaints here.

I have searched the internet for information about a Long/LongAgribusiness/LandTrac 530 DTC and havent found much. I know they were made in South Korea by LG Machinery. It has a 4 cylinder diesel Mitsubishi motor.

The reason I am looking for advice is because I have found a 2000 or 2001 LongAgribusiness 530 DTC (SN badge says made for LongAgribusiness, also has LG Machinery badge) with loader with 400 hours for sale for $5000. The only known issue as of this post is that it has a bad clutch. I was told it has been sitting outside and hasn't ran for at least 3 or 4 years due to the clutch failure. It has a bad battery so I haven't been able to start it yet but will before I even think about purchasing it. It is faded and the roll bar has surface rust on it. From what I have found on the internet many the Long tractors of that era premature clutch failure.

I am looking for any advice or answers to the following questions:

1. Should I even consider buying this tractor?
2. What is your best guess to what the tractor is worth in this condition?
3. What Mitsubishi motor was used in it?
4. Are there other known problems with the 530 DTC?
5. How many other 530 DTC's were made?
6. How hard will it be to find parts for the tractor? Motor?

Thanks in advance for any advice or answers you may have.

/ Long/LongAgribusiness/LandTrac 530 DTC Questions and Advice? #3  
I've been very happy with my 530. No problems. No leaks. Always starts up on first crank. HEAVY DUTY steel components. Dollar for dollar, one of the best 4x4 tractors I've ever owned. I get any service done locally at the Montana dealer and parts are easy to find.