Loader Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A #1  

JPinnell

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 - wLA402 and 72" MMM
They all seem to use a 7-12 AG Front Tire or the 23x8.50-14R4 regardless of whether its a B7800/3030, B3200, B3300, or the new B3350. So it can't be a wheel size or tire rating that allows the newer tractors to have a higher lift rating? Did the actual casting/part for the front axle change too? What was beefed up? All of the above tractors are in the 1800-1900lbs weight range, so nothing really significant in structure.

I have a B7800 that I've been happy with for the last 10 yrs, but I would like just a "bit" more loader capacity. I've already ran a gauge and I'm at the upper limit for psi (I think it was 2200, been a couple yrs since I checked) and don't feel comfortable going past that. I need a mid PTO for the belly mower, so I can't upgrade to an L Series. The biggest B matches my needs better, but I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze for an incremental upgrade.

Going from a LA402 to the LA534A should in theory be 30% more loader lift or around 350lbs. Thats the difference between dragging a round bale and moving one. I don't need to stack them, just move them.

Thanks guys.

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A #2  
The FEL lift capacity will be determined by size of hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic pressure.

The trend is for ever more lift capacity for all residential tractors. Kubota probably saw the need for more lift capacity to stay competitive.

With more lift capacity, strength of loader frame was probably increased too.

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A #3  
I thought you could get a mid mount with some L tractors but I知 not sure.

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A #4  
Grand L's can be equipped with Mid PTO. Added the mid PTO option myself after purchasing the L3130 used and the L4740 was factory installed.

Do not see a mid PTO option for the standard L's listed in the wholegoods price list.

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A #5  
If you still have your owners manual for the LA402....what does it say its lift capacity's are?

Now keep in mind.....kubota manuals usually list lift capacity at 3 different points......
1. At the pivot pins. This is the largest number
2. At the bucket center position
3. At the bucket cutting edge (500mm forward of pins).

And breakout force is also usually listed at two points.....pins and 500mm.

All these specs on the new 534 loader are well published since its a current model....but hard to find some of that info on the older 402.

But I am guessing the loaders are alot closer in actual capacity than you think. Because sometime ~8-10 years ago I think.....kubota changed the model numbers to reflect the lift capacity (in KG) from the bucket center position to the pin number.

So kubota model numbers are NOT a good way to compare older loaders to new ones.

My MX5100 has a LA844 loader. The new MX5200 has an LA1065 loader. But they are basically the same loader.
The 844.....840kg rated (the last number means its the 4th revision of this loader).
The 1065 is 1060kg rated and is the 5th revision.

840kg = 1848#
1060kg = 2332#

BOTH are rated to lift ~2300# at the pins
BOTH are rated to lift ~1800# at bucket mid point

Hope that clears things up. Kubota loaders didnt suddenly get stronger. They just changed the point at which they measure them for model number purposes.

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A #6  
Kubota used to rate the loaders lift capacity at center bucket, not the pins, so this accounts for the "higher" loader capacity for the most part. Now the loaders are rated at the pins.

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A #7  
I owned the B7800 for about 10 years as well. I had the same issue with wanting the FEL to have more lifting power. I sold my B7800 about a year ago and purchased a B3200. There isn't much difference in the amount of weight the B3200 will lift. As a matter of fact the B7800 had a much more soiled feel to it. My advice is to keep the B7800. If you purchase anything look at the TLB series tractors. They should have the lifting power you are looking for.

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A
OK, so Kubota changed their reference point. Structure, axle, etc are likely similar on the big B Series. So nothing gained really going from a B7800 to a B3350 from the LA402 that I have to the LA534. I couldn't justify the $6-$8K difference to go to a new when my 600hr B7800 does about 95% of what I need.

I move around a few empty 500gal propane tanks to make some culverts. These weigh 1000lbs +/- andI can "just" get one off the ground at most a foot or so to move them around using my pallet forks. I can chain sling them under the bucket, no problem on lift then. So I'm right at the limit. I only do this on flat ground as it does not feel very stable. I do not have loaded tires, but do have 650lbs of concrete in a barrel on the 3pt for counterweight.

Just looking for a little more lift, but really I'm at the limit for stability anyway. I likely need an L Series, but then thats heavier for mowing. Last time I went to the dealer they mentioned that the Grand L's with a mid PTO were discontinued do to a lack of demand?

Thanks for all the info!! - JP

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A
OK, so Kubota changed their reference point. Structure, axle, etc are likely similar on the big B Series. So nothing gained really going from a B7800 to a B3350 from the LA402 that I have to the LA534. I couldn't justify the $6-$8K difference to go to a new when my 600hr B7800 does about 95% of what I need.

I move around a few empty 500gal propane tanks to make some culverts. These weigh 1000lbs +/- andI can "just" get one off the ground at most a foot or so to move them around using my pallet forks. I can chain sling them under the bucket, no problem on lift then. So I'm right at the limit. I only do this on flat ground as it does not feel very stable. I do not have loaded tires, but do have 650lbs of concrete in a barrel on the 3pt for counterweight.

Just looking for a little more lift, but really I'm at the limit for stability anyway. I likely need an L Series, but then thats heavier for mowing. Last time I went to the dealer they mentioned that the Grand L's with a mid PTO were discontinued do to a lack of demand?

/ Loader Specs and front axles on the bigger B Series - LA402 LA504 LA534A #10  

I was using my B3200 again today. In my opinion, the B7800 is a much better tractor. The LA504 FEL doesn't work nearly as well as the LA402. I really am regretting selling my B7800.