Light for GX390

/ Light for GX390 #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
I have a GX390 electric start powered tractor. I am interested in seeing folks headlight setup on two wheel tractors.

I tried to google image search it, and also searched the forum to no avail.

/ Light for GX390 #2  
I just used my head light, the kind that straps to my head. Works pretty darned well. I thought about adding one to the BCS, but then I'd so just run into something and smash it to bits ! I know me.

/ Light for GX390 #3  
I placed an LED light a friend gave me in front of the handle bars.

IMG_20190728_1202567.jpg

To be honest I haven't used it much. It works well when driving the cart, though I always supplement with a headlamp because the light doesn't brighten the ground close to the tractor tires at all.

One day I'll use the lamp while clearing snow, but I've been lucky so far that I've been able to finish before it got too dark.

/ Light for GX390
I've tried a headlamp, its the best. I can't believe I was so driven to get a mounted light. thanks all.

/ Light for GX390 #5  
I placed an LED light a friend gave me in front of the handle bars.

To be honest I haven't used it much. It works well when driving the cart, though I always supplement with a headlamp because the light doesn't brighten the ground close to the tractor tires at all.

One day I'll use the lamp while clearing snow, but I've been lucky so far that I've been able to finish before it got too dark.

One unrelated question. How many hours do you have on your G110? Those tires are quite worn. :)

/ Light for GX390 #6  
With about 120 hours in that picture they are hardly worn at all. It's a trick of light and angle.

If you zoom in and look closely at the pictures in this post you can see that I haven't even worn off most of the tags from the mold seam yet at around 160 hours.

/ Light for GX390 #8  
Any electric start small motor should already have a 12v charging coil, otherwise the battery would slowly die every time you started the engine. I'm pretty sure mine has a 3 amp charge coil, so I ensured my light used no more than 3 amps. Using more will slowly drain down the battery, but the gx390 pull starts easily so it isn't a huge worry. I make sure to fast idle for a couple of minutes during warm up and cool down with the light off to give the battery a chance to get some charge.

If I were to order again, I would ask for a gx390 with the largest charging circuit and regulator. I think it would be really useful to run tire inflators, 12v spotlights, self-driving battery charger, and I have an idea to make a trailer mover with an electric brake controller.

/ Light for GX390