3-Point Hitch Lift Problem 1700 Ford/ Shibauru

/ Lift Problem 1700 Ford/ Shibauru #1  

ARAYT

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 1700, Ford 750 TLB, Case 585
Need help fixing problem with lift. When I raise my lift works ok but after it sits a couple minutes it starts shacking. I can lower it and it stops for 20-30 seconds then start again. Seems to be worse when raised above mid point. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Lift Problem 1700 Ford/ Shibauru #2  
If it lifts, then drifts down and then bobs back to the original position there a couple of possibilities.

1. There is a leak in the lowering speed control valve. Just under the seat, between your legs. With the arms lowered all the way you can disassemble the
valve, inspect and clean it.

2. The seal on your loft piston is worn and allowing fluid to leak past and the arms lower. With the tractor running, the position control linkage senses the
downward movement and pumps fluid to correct for the drift..

Go to Hoye Tractor on the web. Even though they concentrate on Yanmar tractors, there are some excellent articles and videos in the Knowledge Base section. There are many similarities between the various brands of tractors made in Japan.

/ Lift Problem 1700 Ford/ Shibauru
If it lifts, then drifts down and then bobs back to the original position there a couple of possibilities.

1. There is a leak in the lowering speed control valve. Just under the seat, between your legs. With the arms lowered all the way you can disassemble the
valve, inspect and clean it.

2. The seal on your loft piston is worn and allowing fluid to leak past and the arms lower. With the tractor running, the position control linkage senses the
downward movement and pumps fluid to correct for the drift..

Go to Hoye Tractor on the web. Even though they concentrate on Yanmar tractors, there are some excellent articles and videos in the Knowledge Base section. There are many similarities between the various brands of tractors made in Japan.

Thanks Mikeinwi, I'll check out their site. The speed control valve does work, I'll check it first.
Thanks Again, Ray

/ Lift Problem 1700 Ford/ Shibauru #4  
May double up, but my earlier reply isn't appearing so again.
Does the problem lessen at higher engine RPMs?

Set the aforementioned speed control valve as far closed (turned in) as possible, but not so far closed the 3 pt arms won't drop under their own weight (however slowly) when you lower them with the control lever.