Leveling an established field

/ Leveling an established field #21  
Simple really, even with a small tractor, just need some more toys. Plough, cultivate, seed and roll. works every time.

/ Leveling an established field #22  
I just began working a field that’s new to me. The alfalfa and grass are in decent shape, but the previous owner allowed livestock and vehicles in the field when the ground was wet. As a result the ground is very uneven in a lot of places which makes me go a lot slower than usual.

Is there a good way to somewhat level the ground without damaging the existing stand?

Thank you

A scrap metal truck became stuck in a low area of one of my fields and had to be towed out by two, 4WD farm tractors, with accompanying ruts. I was reluctant to fill in the large ruts for fear of tipping my little tractor into the hole. By the time the guy who takes the hay off had finished moving his three farm tractors and baler over the area, the ruts were no longer evident.

/ Leveling an established field #23  
Core aeration, if you can find the equipment locally to borrow, rent, or pay someone to do your field.
No loss on your soil or crop. Let nature do the rest.

/ Leveling an established field #24  
I just began working a field that’s new to me. The alfalfa and grass are in decent shape, but the previous owner allowed livestock and vehicles in the field when the ground was wet. As a result the ground is very uneven in a lot of places which makes me go a lot slower than usual.

Is there a good way to somewhat level the ground without damaging the existing stand?

Thank you
A small chisel plow matched to your tractor's drawbar horsepower will work.