Let's play the pricing game - specifically the RK55HC

/ Let's play the pricing game - specifically the RK55HC #1  

g8erh8er

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HC
I sold my Massey 1532 last weekend in preparation for a new tractor purchase. I'm strongly considering the RK55HC.

According to Rural King's blog, when that tractor was first introduced in 2017 it was priced at $26,799.

Behind the Scenes with RK Tractors

The price currently sits at $29,998.

According to RKTractorGuy, Rural King adjusts pricing on their tractors annually at the first of the year I believe. I had initially planned on holding off on the tractor purchase until our house is finished around May of 2019, so that I would have a garage to store it in.

However, if we can expect a similar $3k price increase for 2019, I'm thinking buy now and let her sit outside for a few months.

I'm also looking at the LS XR4155HC - similar specs to the RK, but you don't get some of the options (front remote isn't standard nor is the radio, loaded tires may be extra as well, not sure on that).

I found a post online that indicated at least one guy paid around $31K for the XR4155HC. TractorHouse lists them closer to $34K.

If the RK55HC jumps to $33K (or more?) at the start of the new year, it will be right in the wheelhouse of the XR4155HC. There is one tractor owner on youtube who's had tons of issues with his open cab XR4155H, so that does make me a little leery of that model.

As well as the RK tractors appear to be selling, it seems like a price increase could be in order, but I'm no marketing/sales guy, so who knows.

Thoughts/opinions?

/ Let's play the pricing game - specifically the RK55HC #2  
I sold my Massey 1532 last weekend in preparation for a new tractor purchase. I'm strongly considering the RK55HC.

According to Rural King's blog, when that tractor was first introduced in 2017 it was priced at $26,799.

Behind the Scenes with RK Tractors

The price currently sits at $29,998.

According to RKTractorGuy, Rural King adjusts pricing on their tractors annually at the first of the year I believe. I had initially planned on holding off on the tractor purchase until our house is finished around May of 2019, so that I would have a garage to store it in.

However, if we can expect a similar $3k price increase for 2019, I'm thinking buy now and let her sit outside for a few months.

I'm also looking at the LS XR4155HC - similar specs to the RK, but you don't get some of the options (front remote isn't standard nor is the radio, loaded tires may be extra as well, not sure on that).

I found a post online that indicated at least one guy paid around $31K for the XR4155HC. TractorHouse lists them closer to $34K.

If the RK55HC jumps to $33K (or more?) at the start of the new year, it will be right in the wheelhouse of the XR4155HC. There is one tractor owner on youtube who's had tons of issues with his open cab XR4155H, so that does make me a little leery of that model.

As well as the RK tractors appear to be selling, it seems like a price increase could be in order, but I'm no marketing/sales guy, so who knows.

Thoughts/opinions?

Clarification: Thanks for initiating a thread on pricing, a great topic. The price when we launched in April 2017 was indeed $26,799 but for the tractor only. With loader, $29,998, exactly what is it today. The prices you mentioned in your post were without loader ($26,779) and with loader ($29,998). Wanted to make sure that viewers were aware of that, we have not increased the price at all since April 2017. There will be a price increase on January 1st, 2019. The new pricing will be released in December so prospective buyers have the opportunity to buy before the increase. We will always be very transparent with our pricing. One change per year maximum, same price for that year every day, every location. While I cannot speak for our competitors, steel and engine prices have risen everywhere, so we are pretty confident that our low pricing will remain the lowest in 2019, with the same gap that we have today as other brands increase their prices. Again, thanks for your initiating this discussion and if there is anything I can do to answer any question you may have, please do not hesitate to ask either on the forum or by private message.

Last edited:
   / Let's play the pricing game - specifically the RK55HC #3  
Slight typo there. I don't think you launched in April 2019.

/ Let's play the pricing game - specifically the RK55HC
Clarification: Thanks for initiating a thread on pricing, a great topic. The price when we launched in April 2017 was indeed $26,799 but for the tractor only. With loader, $29,998, exactly what is it today. The prices you mentioned in your post were without loader ($26,779) and with loader ($29,998). Wanted to make sure that viewers were aware of that, we have not increased the price at all since April 2017. There will be a price increase on January 1st, 2019. The new pricing will be released in December so prospective buyers have the opportunity to buy before the increase. We will always be very transparent with our pricing. One change per year maximum, same price for that year every day, every location. While I cannot speak for our competitors, steel and engine prices have risen everywhere, so we are pretty confident that our low pricing will remain the lowest in 2019, with the same gap that we have today as other brands increase their prices. Again, thanks for your initiating this discussion and if there is anything I can do to answer any question you may have, please do not hesitate to ask either on the forum or by private message.

Thank you for the clarification on the pricing Doug. Did not realize it did not include the loader.

It is also good to know that pricing will be revealed in December. Thanks!

Last edited:
   / Let's play the pricing game - specifically the RK55HC #6  
Thank you for the clarification on the pricing Doug. I did not realize it didn稚 include the loader.

Itç—´ also good to know that pricing will be revealed in December. Thanks!

Yes sir, thank you!