Rear Finish Mower Land Pride Advice Wwanted: Grooming vs Offset vs Rotary Cutter

/ Land Pride Advice Wwanted: Grooming vs Offset vs Rotary Cutter #1  

bcavender

Tractor
Kubota
Hello!

I am looking for feedback on Land Pride mowers I am considering buying.

The selection I am down to for a 50HP tractor is an 84" mower ... either in the Grooming (FDR), Offset (RCD) or Rotary Cutter (RCF) designs. From my look, the rotary cutter has the ability to take out pretty good brush at 2"+, but it leaves a pretty long/shaggy cut in the orchard close to the house that everyone sees. The Grooming mower probably approaches near what a finish mower does, but it can't hack 1-2" smaller stuff I am guessing. The offset mower basically looks like a rotary cutter that is offset about 10" to let you hold the cab back from a treeline and save the mirrors/lights. Seems like an offset would be good, but only 10" seems close to nothing.

We have run a 4" Land Pride rotary tiller for a good number of years behind a 20HP Kubota BX24 with gorgeous seed beds and zero problems. I am wondering if I can expect the same level of performance from their finish mowers/rotary cutters. Particularly the FDR25-84.

Anybody have experience with LPs Grooming Mowers and Rotaries to help steer this decision in the right direction?

All comments and thoughts welcome!

Bruce

/ Land Pride Advice Wwanted: Grooming vs Offset vs Rotary Cutter #2  
Grooming mowers ARE finish mowers. Landpride makes great grooming mowers. I like Bush Hog for rotary cutters.

/ Land Pride Advice Wwanted: Grooming vs Offset vs Rotary Cutter #3  
I went back and forth between finish mower and rotary, ended up with finish mower, happy with choice.

/ Land Pride Advice Wwanted: Grooming vs Offset vs Rotary Cutter
RickB,
Thanks for the clarification. Never saw the "grooming" term before first hand. Makes sense. Thanks for the recommendations.

Do you think that Bush Hog gearing/decking is built heavier than LP?

Thanks!
Bruce

/ Land Pride Advice Wwanted: Grooming vs Offset vs Rotary Cutter
I went back and forth between finish mower and rotary, ended up with finish mower, happy with choice.

Hawkeye,

How long have you had your FDR now? Any pros/cons for that unit?

Thanks Man!

Bruce

/ Land Pride Advice Wwanted: Grooming vs Offset vs Rotary Cutter #6  
Which option did you end up deciding on, and were you happy with your decision?

/ Land Pride Advice Wwanted: Grooming vs Offset vs Rotary Cutter #7  
I have the RCD1884 twin spindle offset. I really like it! Much better cut quality than the 5 foot King Kutter "brush chopper" that it replaced. I run it with a Kubota M5660.