l3038 To trade or not

/ l3038 To trade or not #1  

vicory

Tractor
Yanmar 220D
I have a Kubota L3200 HST 2102 yr 270 hours with quick connect loader/bucket & a Yanmar 220D. Both tractors are 4 wheel drive. Yanmar has 876 hours. I use both tractors for mowing, grading and some pulling of a hay wagon. Together they do what I need but the Yanmar feels more stable on the hillsides. I stopped by a local LS dealer, he has a tier 3 L3038 sync shuttle shift, gear drive, 4 wheel drive and quick detach loader and bucket. I looked over tractor & spent some seat time and was impressed. He offered to take my 2 tractors on trade plus he wants $1,500 cash. Looking for LS owners advice on LS tractors and thoughts on deal. I've had some friends ask why would I trade a Kubota for an unknown tractor brand. Warranty is one consideration, increased horsepower, tire set up I want is another, one tractor vs two, as the LS did feel stable on hills. The yanmar was my first tractor I've had it 20 years. I bought the Kubota used but wanted the bucket and now can't or won't do without a loader/bucket. I welcome any thoughts.

/ l3038 To trade or not #2  
I wouldn't have any concerns about an LS -- from what I have seen they are good tractors.

/ l3038 To trade or not #3  
I would put LS up against any other manufacturer. LS make tractors for New Holland and Case IH also.

/ l3038 To trade or not #4  
If I was looking to do a trade I wouldn't have and any worries going with LS.

Last edited:
   / l3038 To trade or not #5  
I think the LS is a great value and excellent tractor. Don't know about the value of your tradeins but would not hesitate to have the LS. Might want yo be sure the ground speed is compatible with what you see presently doing. I ended up with a hydro because the initial LS a thought I wanted in gear was too far off from my dad's JD. I am like you, not having a bucket, ssqa and forks are no longer an option. The SSQA makes it very versatile.

/ l3038 To trade or not #6  
No problem with the LS brand and I wouldn't call them an unknown brand just not as well known! Make sure you would be getting the center PTO if you want a belly mower I think they have to be factory installed but I am not positive on that. Heck $1500.00 for a new tractor with a new 5 year warranty, not to mention the extra garage space freed up by only having one tractor, I would be all over that!

/ l3038 To trade or not
Thanks for all the responses. Going to the dealer next week and see how things work out.

/ l3038 To trade or not #8  
I had a new New Holland a few years ago and it was pretty sketchy on the hills. I have an IH and an old Ford. I bought a 3038 (trans) and am happier with it than with any of the others. It feels more stable on the hills than my NH did by far. It has plenty of power for what I do. The others have addressed the other concerns, I just wanted to say that I feel more stable on a hillside on this tractor than all of the others I have/had.