L2800 not starting

/ L2800 not starting #1  

oldwash

Tractor
Kubota L2800
I’ve read multiple forums and haven’t found anything exactly like I’m experiencing. It’s been cranky for a while. Usually starting right up, but sometimes requiring shifting, bouncing on the seat. Really thought it was probably in the forward/reverse/high/low. But now, I turn the key and get one very loud click and it kills power to everything. I have to pull the 40amp ignition fuse to reset, but then just does the same thing. I decided to charge the battery, but my charger showed zero amps like it wasn’t charging until I reached down and pulled the ignition fuse, and bingo, charging. Makes me think the ignition switch is bad, but I was hoping someone might shed some light before I went down that road.

/ L2800 not starting #2  
Please elaborate pulling the 40 amp fuse to reset. Are you replacing it because it blew or just removing and replacing the same fuse to interrupt power? A schematic diagram of your wiring would probably help sort out what's happening. Lacking that you could try pulling individual fuses in your fuse box to track down the offending circuit. I've no idea how anything on the tractor could affect your battery charger not charging the battery when connected directly.

/ L2800 not starting
Just removing and replacing to interrupt power to reset the system, otherwise completely dead. Thought I might get continuity across where I pulled the 40 amp since it seemed to be affecting the battery charger, but no.

So after fully charging the battery, tried it again. Still very loud click (not the normal in gear, pto, etc click). Sounds like behind dash, but hard to tell. Tapped all around starter, no help. Started pulling fuses. The two 40’s and one 30 either killed all power or didn’t allow it to crank. Next went to smaller fuses. Got tired of resetting the system after every fuse, so pulled panel, headlight, and maybe work lights fuses. Tractor started with most of panel lights out. Put the fuses back in one at a time and it started after each. I did tap on the starter switch at some point, but pretty sure I tried it after and it tripped, not a 100 percent though.

So, running, but really no idea what the problem actually was. Chime in with any ideas. I did order a hard start kit.

Last edited:
   / L2800 not starting #4  

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2007 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup (A34573)
2007 Chevrolet...
2017 Brent 1396 Grain Cart (A33028)
2017 Brent 1396...
Case IH 3050 25 Header w/Unverferth HT30 Header Trailer (A34573)
Case IH 3050 25...
2014 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van (A33249)
2014 Chevrolet...
Sany SY50 MP Hydraulic Thumb (A34573)
Sany SY50 MP...
(10) Posts (A35429)
(10) Posts (A35429)