KUBOTA UTV X1100C DIESEL Broken transmission Questions

/ KUBOTA UTV X1100C DIESEL Broken transmission Questions #1  

ohiogar

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300
Hello from Ohio,
I am talking with a fellow that has a Kubota X1100C RTV that has a blown transmission.
Apparently you can see daylight through the casing. Do not know the model year.
He is a few hundred miles away and the price seems more than fair. I have not seen it but
I am a full service mechanic and have no problem tackling a project.
Problem is I have no idea how large of a can of worms i may be getting myself into? financially?
Any of you torn into one of these that would share a heads up?
Yea I know but I have never been too smart and it does look nice on the outside
Any input welcomed.

/ KUBOTA UTV X1100C DIESEL Broken transmission Questions #2  
Depending on what grenaded inside and what parts it took with it, you could be talking several thousand dollars. :unsure:

/ KUBOTA UTV X1100C DIESEL Broken transmission Questions #3  
Hello from Ohio,
I am talking with a fellow that has a Kubota X1100C RTV that has a blown transmission.
Apparently you can see daylight through the casing. Do not know the model year.
He is a few hundred miles away and the price seems more than fair. I have not seen it but
I am a full service mechanic and have no problem tackling a project.
Problem is I have no idea how large of a can of worms i may be getting myself into? financially?
Any of you torn into one of these that would share a heads up?
Yea I know but I have never been too smart and it does look nice on the outside
Any input welcomed.
Net.tractor talk also has a dedicated section for Kubota RTV,s

/ KUBOTA UTV X1100C DIESEL Broken transmission Questions #4  
Most every time it is the shaft from engine to transmission. It has a bearing that carries it. Bearing is set in a bushing so if it seizes it won't ruin case. Bearing and bushing replaceable.

/ KUBOTA UTV X1100C DIESEL Broken transmission Questions #5  
You could try and locate and price a used transmission assembly for it. That way you have an idea of maximum cash outlay. When you tear the existing trans apart and price out what's busted you can compare that figure versus the whole assembly

/ KUBOTA UTV X1100C DIESEL Broken transmission Questions #6  
I looked at a couple of RTVs in past years that had broken trannies. Sellers always wanted too much for them. Most of them DO have HSTs, which is a plus for me.

I am always on the lookout for these kinds of projects, and just landed a free Toro Workman 3200. 3-cyl 2wd gas, with hydraulics, but a bad trans.