Kubota U35 swing motor noise

/ Kubota U35 swing motor noise #1  

JonnyTree

Tractor
Kubota U35-4
Hello everyone,
I have a brand new (80 hrs) Kubota U35-4 that once up to full operating temperature makes a loud and distinct ticking noise from the swing motor every time you start and stop rotation of the house. The sound is not unlike the sound of a turn signal ticking only much louder. It does not make this sound while the machine is cold and the hotter the machine gets the more sensitive to rotation and louder the sound gets. Attached is a photo of a hydraulic line on the backside of the swing motor that if you hold onto it while the machine is rotating and making that sound you will feel a jump or surge in that line that coincides with the sound. My local Kubota dealer told me that while it is not normal they were unable to identify the cause and are not willing to work on the machine until something is obviously broken. I’m not satisfied with that result and thought that maybe there was somebody out there who has had the same problem and could point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated and any other information I can offer I am more than willing to do so.
EB13CCCA-691A-4EC2-B69B-EF290387A428.png

Last edited:
   / Kubota U35 swing motor noise #2  
On a new machine w 80hrs I wouldn’t be satisfied with that diagnosis either. If other U35 ‘s don’t make the same noise something isn’t right. I’m curious what it turns out to be

/ Kubota U35 swing motor noise #3  
Have you figured anything out about your ticking swing motor? If you could post a video of it making the noise would help. Does it always pulse from that same work port hose when you’re starting and stopping in either direction? Or change to the other work port hose in one of the directions? Im thinking the turn signal tick noise is coming from your spring loaded anti cavatation check valves that are located just inside your A and B work ports. They should only open when you stop your swing and momentarily supply make up oil to the motor.